𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟽 ☯︎︎ 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚎𝚜

♊︎Year 5067, Month 7, Day 1, Time 10:33 am♊︎

☯︎

"HELLO!" A booming voice disrupts the quiet stillness that shrouded Kurenai's temporary room, startling her quite a bit. She ended up dropping the items in her hand, but luckily San had been with her and was able to catch them with his cat-like reflexes quite easily. "And how are you today?"

"I was doing great before you made me drop my candles." She turns to meet the sing-song voice greeting her, looking over at the candles in San's hands. "Your lucky I didn't have to pick them up, Jongho."

"My bad," He chuckles bashfully. San moves closer to Kurenai as he hands her the candles, watching her as she sets them down on the table behind her.

She mutters a small thank you to him and replies with an awfully warm smile making her heart skip a beat. He has been of great help these last few days along with Mingi, helping her recover and move her things into the new room she's been relocated to.

Those two men were the only ones that had come to visit her aside from Seonghwa who would silently change her bandages or apply medication, so it surprised her to see that she had a new visitor today.

"So..." Kurenai begins, glancing at a surprisingly energetic Jongho, a stoic-as-ever Hongjoong and a silent Yeosang that trails behind the first two men. "What pleasure do I have of hosting you three?"

"We just wanted to check up on you." Jongho shrugs, responding for the three of them. Kurenai throws him a skeptical look.

"That's interesting, considering that you've had the last few days to check up on her, but you don't come until now." San digs his hands into his pockets, narrowing his eyes on the three men that just entered while tensing his shoulders.

The tattooed woman notices this change in behavior which strikes her as odd. She places a hand on San's shoulder to calm him down and he relaxes the tension in his shoulder a bit, but does not let up his glare.

"Calm down, San. They're the ones who stood up for me at the meeting a few days ago remember?" She has to remind the man. He huffs in response.

Ever since she returned to the team he's put on a protective and stand-off-ish front in front of the other member whenever she's present; it worries her how much her presence seems to affect the team dynamics. Pursing her lips at his attitude, Kurenai sighs, dropping her hand from his shoulder and walking over to the bed placed in her room.

It had taken San some time to assemble it after offering to take apart the bed in her room and bring it down to the temporary room they'd given her in the underground level of the building.

Considering the cameras that fill the entirety of the library and the dorms that Kurenai had the luxury of discovering on her lovely visit to MALUS, it wouldn't have been a good idea to keep her up there where anyone can spot her.

Thankfully, Yeosang allowed her to stay in his "lab" which was really just his storage room, giving her a comfortable section in the meantime as she recovers. The only problem was the mess that he keeps in the room which she was just tidying up before the men walked in.

"I doubt that that's the only reason you three are in here." She drawls to capture the men's attention, setting herself down on her bed with great care, wary of hurting her wounds.