𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟾 ☯︎︎ 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚜

♊︎Year 5067, Month 5, Day 10, Time 11:09 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

Silence shrouds the dorms for the first time since they've all moved in. It's usually loud and boisterous at this time of the night while all of the members gather around to play some sort of game, but today there was no motivation to play.

Everyone had receded into their rooms for the night, leaving only Mingi who chose to stay outside in the living room to watch T.V. by himself.

But the real reason why he wanted to stay somewhere with at least a little bit of noise wasn't that he was actually interested in the shows the small box showed. It was because he couldn't stand being alone in his quiet room, with nothing but his thoughts to suffocate him.

Thoughts about the earlier mission. Thoughts about the identity of the masked woman. Thoughts about Kurenai.

Thankfully, he didn't have to worry about these things just yet. For now, the television was enough to keep his mind free of bad thoughts; the show's dramatic scenes keeping him entertained.

The theme song to the romance-drama he's watching plays again for the umpteenth time and it slowly starts to lull the model to sleep.

One second, he's wistfully watching the characters on screen confess their love for each other— secretly creating romantic scenarios of his own in his head— and the next, he's lightly snoring on the living room couch.

And he probably would have stayed that way until sunrise if it weren't for the loud crash from behind him that suddenly woke him up.

A loud groan follows the crash and Mingi rubs his eyes as he tries to get a good look at what happened, watching the figure of a certain tattooed woman walking in his direction.

Hearing the loud steps coming from Kurenai, Mingi turns in his seat curiously, his heart racing when he sees her-- a total mess.

She had somehow managed to crash into the furniture behind the sofa which was weird since she was always very agile and aware of her surrounding.

Currently, she's in her pajamas; the shirt she's wearing fitting a little too big so that it looks like she's only wearing that and not the spandex underneath them.

"What are you doing up so late?" Taking a closer look at her shirt, he realizes that she's wearing one of his shirts that he let her borrow, but she never gave back. "And with my shirt?"

Kurenai stops in her tracks when she hears his raspy voice, sure that he must've been asleep not too long ago.

"I was... doing stuff." She walks over to sit down next to him, or more like stumbles over. Finally arriving at the couch, she plops down on it lazily, letting out a huge breath of relief.

"And what kind of stuff would you have been doing to get you like this?" Mingi raises an eyebrow suspiciously at Kurenai who's slouched on the couch, not daring to look at him in the eye.

He scans her for any clue as to what might have caused her to become so clumsy when he sees the large bottle of wine in her hand and the pink blush sprinkled on her cheeks as evidence of her drunkenness.

"Stuff." She smiles slightly, closing her eyes for a moment. The tattooed woman then moves herself to sit closer to Mingi which surprises him.