𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟻 ☯︎︎ 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝙳𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝙳𝚘𝚗𝚎

♊︎Year 5067, Month 6, Day 23, Time 7:38 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

Do it.

The voice in his head urges him, begging him to go through with it.

Do it, already. Get it over with. She's blacklisted anyway.

It continues to goad him, relentlessly poking at him to the point where he feels like the temptation is driving him insane.

There in front of him lies his target. Her chest rising and falling peacefully with each intake of breath as she rests on the infirmary's bed, without a single idea of what danger she's in right now.

The mere sight of her looking so vulnerable propelled him to act on his desire to eliminate the injured woman. Besides, he wouldn't lose anything by killing her. He'd be going through with what Gemini wanted him to do. He'd be able to prove not only his love for his partner but also his loyalty to the Meisters by killing the blacklisted subject.

And above all, he'd finally be getting revenge for his first death.

All of this could easily be accomplished. All he needs to do is inject the extra morphine into her bloodstream and let the drug do the rest.

It's Simple.

And yet, he can't bring himself to go through with it, even with how easy it is. Even with how seductively the needle hovers over the malnourished skin on her forearm and how the hatred he's harbored for her had begun to stir and broil; he can't kill her.

He doesn't know if it's because he lacks the guts or the hatred to do so, but something is preventing him from sliding the needle in.

Frustrated, he grunts furiously, turning around and launching the needle across the room so that it crashes and breaks into a million pieces the moment it makes contact with the wall.

Collecting himself, the raven-haired man runs his hands through his hair, pulling at it while on the verge of violent tears when he feels something skim his back for a moment.

He almost jumps out of his skin at first, spinning around instantly to see what it was that touched him. To his surprise, he was met with the sight of the tattooed woman's shaky arm, outstretched and determined to get his attention.

Contrary to what he expected to see, the man noticed the faint shadow of a smile forming at the corners of Kurenai's pale, dry lips— a sight he thought was a mistake until he heard her call out for him.

"Seonghwa?" She rasps out, dropping her hand as she takes in the sight of him. There's a mixture of guilt and relief when she sees him, something that drives her to smile at him through her confusion. "I didn't think I'd ever feel so relieved to see your face again."

Seonghwa doesn't answer, keeping silent as he looks down at her with an unreadable expression. Seeing her awake brought up unsavory feelings, both good and bad, that he wishes he could avoid.

"Am I getting the silent treatment?" She tries to joke lightly but it has no positive effect on the man. Instead, it irritates him further, how this woman that's caused him so much pain is trying to act like she's done nothing.