𝙲𝙷. 𝟺𝟽 ☯︎︎ 𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘

♊︎Year 5067, Month 8, Day 9, Time 6:59 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

Waiting. It's never been Kurenai's forte. Whether on a mission or just living her day-to-day life, she's hated the concept of waiting. She hates the uncertainty it brings and the anxious tickling in her gut that wasting time thrives on.

And here she is, waiting— A minute early.

Since the invitation was extended to her, Kurenai has debated and mulled over whether or not to call and cancel plans with Mingi, but she can't bring herself to do it. Not with how she's already treated him.

And that itself is another thing.

Along with the jittery feeling she gets from having to wait, she can't help but acknowledge the queasiness in her stomach at what she plans to tell Mingi tonight: The truth.

Which would be much easier if Mingi weren't Mingi. If he weren't that hopeless romantic she knows oh-so-well.

The man that's helped soothe her when she'd wake up at his place covered in sweat from a night terror. The man who frequently bought her flowers and little knickknacks he found that reminded him of her. The man that she— at some point— might have fallen in love with if things were different.

Kurenai looks down at her lap, picking at her unpainted nails that have been worn down because of her constant chewing at them. She doesn't remember when the last time was that she dressed herself up for a date. Ever since she returned from being tortured by Evan, she had been in a depressed stupor, unable to even get up to bathe herself on certain days when the pain and stress got under her skin.

Nevertheless, with the help of Yeosang and Yunho, she got herself up and ready for the date. And of course, she wore the dress gifted to her by Mingi. The one she received the same day she received the invitation.

It's a beautiful gold, one sleeve dress with a turtleneck design made of a mesh material and gold sequin. It's a column shape that's sticks tightly to her body up until her hips where it flows straight down. Every time she moves, the light catches on the sequin material of the dress, creating a gorgeous effect that makes everyone's heads turn.

Mingi has always had a divine taste in clothes and this is just one example.

It's been a minute since she's arrived at the place and the waiter already sat her down in a secluded booth on the second floor of the restaurant, the VIP floor.

This wasn't her first time at L'endroit, in fact, this was one of her favorite restaurants to frequent with Mingi, so it was no surprise he chose to bring her here.

Glancing over at the clock in the secluded booth she notices that it's 3 minutes past 7 o'clock which was the time he'd given her. Kurenai flattens out her dress, knowing that Mingi could walk in at any minute when she finally hears him.

"Ah, Kurenai!" That sing-song voice of his dances towards her ears, a sound that leaves a guilty taste on her tongue. He parts the viridian green curtain that enclosed the u-shaped booth she was sitting in, flashing a charming smile at Kurenai once he lays his eyes on her. There's nothing but admiration for her in his eyes. He's infatuated, she can tell; She's not, but he keeps on going as if she were.

"Mingi," Kurenai gives a half-hearted grin to acknowledge the man, taking in his freshly combed back hair and the crisp, all-black tuxedo he's wearing with the top three buttons of his shirt undone. She stands up to greet him, walking in his direction.