𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟹 ☯︎︎ 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜

♊︎Year 5067, Month 5, Day 3, Time 9:45 am♊︎

☯︎︎

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me, was a phrase that always struck Kurenai as odd, but it wasn't until today that she would realize the wrongness in that phrase.

It had been weeks since her last assignment and a couple of days since she's had that conversation with San where he almost drowned.

They had promised each other that they wouldn't tell anyone about what happened or what they discovered because there was no substantial evidence to back up their claims and because San still refused to drop the idea that their Meisters had some involvement in their messed up memories.

And that irritates Kurenai.

How could San so easily turn against the Meisters? How could she turn against the? The very people that opened their arms to them when no one else would?

Her anger grows quickly and it reflects in each punch she throws at the punching bag. At this pace, she's bound to punch through the bag if she goes any harder, grunting with each jab. Not even the music trickling into her ears from the headphones she's wearing manages to quell her growing irritation. And it's all because of San and his stupid theory.

"Oi, calm down there, Ms. Spades." She can hear a deep voice address her above the sound of her headphones and the loud clamor in her head.

Pausing what she was doing, she takes off her headphones and controls her breath to lower her heart rate.

"Who'd you get that name from?" She inquires, setting her gloved hands on her hips as she gives the man in front of her a deadpan look.

"Does it matter?" He shrugs nonchalantly, side-hugging the punching bag she just stopped hitting and resting his head on it. "But if you really want to know, I can tell you for something in return." He wriggles his eyebrows mischievously, arousing some suspicion in Kurenai.

The man in front of her is quite tall, probably the tallest out of them all even including Mingi. He has white hair that's very well kept and darker at the roots with a bit of a fluffy texture.

He looks very well built under his black shirt right now, and she has to admit that he's indeed attractive. Well, they all are.

He scrunches up his nose here and there like a bunny, his left nostril holding a nose ring and a high-nostril piercing. But it isn't until he turns his neck that she sees the tattoo that runs along behind his ear and down his neck that's when she realizes who she's currently looking at.

With the simple word "Viper" tatted onto his skin, she knows that the man in front of her is Jung Yunho, the personal subject of Ursula Pathway.

"And what would that be?" She probes deeper, interested in what he has to say. From what she knows, this Yunho guy is known for his sweet tongue which means she has to watch out for any schemes.

"I want to fight you for at least 5 minutes and I'll tell you where I got the nickname from." He lists his conditions and she finds it odd that they're so simple.

"What's the catch?" She eyes him suspiciously.

"Nothing. I swear." He puts his hands up in surrender, giving her a wide smile.