𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟺 ☯︎︎ 𝚁𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚣𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝

♊︎Year 5067, Month 6, Day 23, Time 6:27 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

It hasn't been long since she talked with Hongjoong and the team on the phone, probably around 20 minutes since then. They agreed to meet up at a secondary location after the team finished with their mission which she would be in charge of sending the directions for. She only hopes they can all go unscathed and in one piece with her early warning; it's a miracle that she was even able to warn them on time about Gemini.

Now, all she had to do was find a way out of here. Easy, right?

Well, it would have been easy if the security cameras hadn't caught her leaving her room, sounding off the emergency alarms, and closing the whole floor she was on off from the rest of the building. Which brings her to her current predicament.

"Over there! She's right there!" A guard bellows from down the hall behind her. She's sure that there are at least 3 guards on her tail and many more waiting for her to make the wrong turn.

With shallow breathing and heavy steps, Kurenai lumbers onward, the white halls of the building spinning around her. Her head and the pain from the wound on her torso pulses with each of her steps, the pain not as strong as it should have been thanks to the extra morphine she found in the medicine cabinets of her room.

She had ditched the hospital gown she was clothed in earlier, sticking to just the chest bandages and spandex shorts she'd been provided with under the hospital gown. And even with that much skin exposed, she can feel her body burning up.

A fever, she thinks to herself, Great, I'm coming down with freaking fever.

Beads of sweat collect at her forehead and along her skin, giving her a sickeningly shiny look. She pushes her body to go onward, making a turn at the nearest hall and hearing the guards' boots getting closer as they squeak against the polished floors.

The smell of medical and cleaning supplies burns her nostrils and stings her eyes, causing her to tear up. Her chest begins to get constricted and her legs tremble as her body begins to fail her, but her mind is set on escaping, even as the odds pile up against her.

All she was armed with was a scalpel and the red box she found when she was abducted. It had been lying around in one of the cabinets of the room she was locked in; a lucky-unlucky charm, she guesses. She knows for a fact that in her condition she won't be able to fight her way out, not even with the little scalpel. It'll look like a plaything against the guns and tasers the MALUS security guards are provided with.

I have to get out, the voice in her head chants, I have to get to the rendezvous point. My team is waiting on me! She repeats, over and over to herself as she struggles to continue walking when a woman's voice comes over the speakers in the building, freezing Kurenai right on the spot.

"Ku-re-naiii~!" The woman's voice taunts her, filling her veins with a petrifying fear that grabs a firm hold of her limbs, gluing her feet on the ground where she stands. Snapping her head in every which way, Kurenai searches for a camera where the woman could be viewing her, finding it in the furthest corner of the hall. "Kurenai, my dear, why do you run? You look so scared."

"You know why I'm running!" The tattooed woman snaps back furiously, her hands slightly trembling from her fear. "Just let me go!"