𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟸 ☯︎︎ 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍'𝚜 𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖

♊︎Year 5067, Month 6, Day 23, Time 4:55 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

The car purrs under the direction of Jongho, the man driving it. Through what Gemini can see on the rear-view mirror, he's keeping up a collected facade, trying to hide his nervousness but his tapping on the wheel gives him away.

They were on their way to complete the assignment she had been briefed on the day she switched out with Kurenai. The whole time up until today, the team had been working together to prepare for this assignment: an assassination mission. The usual. Only difference was that this time, they needed to receive something from the targets before they were allowed to kill them.

"This isn't your first field day, is it?" Gemini jeers, leaning heavily onto Seonghwa who's sitting next to her. Jongho throws her a momentary glance as he races through the streets of Karma District.

"No, I just... today just feels off, I guess." He answers solemnly, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him and on the man in the motorbike in front of him. Another tails behind them, the electric engines of both motorcycles whirring as they carry San and Wooyoung who are posing as bodyguards.

"You're thinking too much about it," Seonghwa speaks up, tapping away at the candies on the screen of his phone. Each time he taps, the phone chimes with words of praise, saying 'Delicious!' Or 'Tasty!' which is the only sound filling the silence in between the three people.

They sit in their suits, Gemini sporting a delicate, beige-colored polyester suit with a silk, white blouse that The Duchess let her borrow but she never returned; her creme heels pinching at certain angles of her feet.

Gemini's tattoos were hidden because of the concealment bracelet but her short, black hair was on display, combed and pinned back with a small Bobby pin thanks to Candy who had many to spare.

The man next to her is sitting in his navy blue tuxedo made of velvet material with his hair swept elegantly back. Jongho and the other two who would present themselves to their targets were wearing normal black and white suits to blend in.

"Q? ... Mars?" Their earpieces crackle with some static at the sound of Hongjoong trying to communicate with them. "Can you hear me?" The voice becomes clear quickly and they both respond at the same time.

"Yes." Even Jongho joins in, his earpiece also scratching at his ear.

"How about me?" Yeosang pitches in and a sigh is heard from someone else on the line.

"Yes, Hetmon, we can all hear you." The voice responds irritably, hinting at who it could be.

"Well my bad, Hyena. I was just checking like the good and trustworthy teammate I am." He emphasizes on those two words and receives a groan from Wooyoung.

"You're still mad about the argument?!" The blonde man complains.

"Obviously, I am! How am I not supposed to be mad when nobody is listening to me about Kurenai—!"

"Hetmon!" Seonghwa's stern voice intercepts the argument, putting a halt before it could get any more out of hand. "We're on a mission right now. Not in the dorms. Unless you want me to put you two in your place, I suggest you focus." The voice reprimands them.