𝙲𝙷. 𝟺𝟾 ☯︎︎ 𝙴𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

♊︎Year 5067, Month 8, Day 11, Time 2:01 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

"Where's Kurenai?!" She hears her name being called from the hall beyond the gym. Looking up at the exact moment the man bursts through the gym doors, Kurenai raises an eyebrow at him in the middle of her set on the leg press machine. She had been training most of the morning as a futile attempt to clear her mind from all that's been going on. Her limbs were just starting to burn and her chest to heave when Yeosang came storming in.

"Can I help you?" She inquires a tad bit annoyed, continuing her leg presses.

"Yes, actually." The light-brown-haired man responds. Kurenai studies him, noticing the slight urgency in his posture. She heaves a sigh, gently letting the weights back down to pay him some attention.

"What is it, Yeosang?"

"So, I went to go pick up some things at Evan's place because I needed the materials for my next assignment. Initially, I didn't want to go because..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Right, yeah." He clears his throat. "But I had to go anyways to not seem suspicious. The thing is, I noticed something weird." Yeosang recounts, leaving more questions than answers.

"Weird how?" Kurenai inquires, getting up off her seat on the leg press and picking up her towel and water bottle. She wipes some of the sweat on her face off and takes a swig of her water while listening to Yeosang.

"Weird as in not mentally okay."

"Tch, Are the Meisters ever okay?" She scoffs.

"No, this— this was different. He was rambling aggressively to himself. He kept slamming drawers and doors. At one point, Going on and on about something Ursula did."

Kurenai pauses, looking the man up and down to tell that he's not just joking around with her.

"Did you hear what it was?"

"No, but... he kept cursing Seonghwa and mumbling Candy." Kurenai can feel her throat closing at this piece of information, tapping the side of her thigh with her fingers anxiously.

"Did you ask him anything?" Yeosang shakes his head.

"I was too scared." He pauses; the distress as plain as day in his eyes. "I'm scared of what this means for Candy. What if Ursula did something to her?"

"Okay, okay, calm down. Don't put your panties in a twist." Kurenai sets a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it slightly to give him a morale boost. "It's inevitable that they harm her for information and I'm just as worried as you about what they could be doing but there's no way in hell they'd kill her."

It's a vain attempt to console the man but an attempt nonetheless. She can only pray on the inside that Candy is still alive and kicking—somewhere.

Kurenai opens her mouth to ask him about something else when the complex alarms go off startling both of them. They look at each other perplexed when they realize it's the security breach alarms and take up a sprint to get to the control room where Hongjoong's camera monitors are.

As they run out into the hall, they also notice all the other members running as fast as they can. The sudden turn of events for what was supposed to be a peaceful day has baffled them all— mainly, due to the reason for the interruption. Hongjoong's security had never once failed them which brings them all to wonder what's going on.