𝙲𝙷. 𝟺𝟸 ☯︎︎ 𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚋𝚞𝚜

♊︎Year 5067, Month 8, Day 8, Time 12:00 am♊︎

☯︎︎

"The investor of room 33 wants to invite you up." The familiar bartender informs them, redirecting their gazes to the platforms above.

For a split moment, Kurenai thinks she sees a spot of neon pink hair flash up there, but the moment she sees it, it disappears. Looking back down at the bartender in front of her, she feels her resolution strengthening and her mind coming back to her after kissing San.

"We'll be heading up right away then." She untangles herself awkwardly from San's grip, following the bartender who bows in understanding.

"Right this way." She looks back at San and waves for him to follow along, trying to shake off the feeling that had taken over her before she arrives at the investor's room.

She's dealt with this contact plenty of times before to know that if she shows any weakness, whether it be a personal weakness or soft spot for someone else, this contact will surely exploit it.

"Take these stairs up and the room you're looking for will be the fifth one." The bartender announces once they arrive at the bottom of the staircase leading up to the platform above.

Kurenai thanks the man once again for his help and turns to San sharply once he leaves with a stoic expression.

"San, listen to me very carefully. When we meet with my contact: do not speak unless spoken to, do not touch or show me affection in any way, do not show any sign of emotions, and most importantly, whatever they do to me, do not intervene." She warns him, holding up a single finger in a chiding manner. "Got it?"

"Y-yes, ma'am." He gulps at the thought of just what she means by the last instruction, but he doesn't get the chance to ask.

"Great, let's go." Kurenai leads the way up the stairs this time, reaching the top of the platform quickly and pushing past the people standing around near the railing.

Looking down at the sea of drunken people from up here, San is captivated by the way they all move like an actual ocean as they jump and as the colorful lights shine down on them. It amazes him how just a couple of minutes ago, he too was one of those entranced dancers.

How easily Kurenai was able to seduce him when no one else at these clubs had been able to was what really astounded him. And it didn't help that he could still feel the skin of his lips buzzing from the kiss.

"Kurenai, about that kiss back there—."

"Save it for later, San. There will be plenty of time to talk about this after we get what we came here for so please just do what I ordered you to." She stops him before he can go any further, a painful look overtaking her eyes for a brief moment. "I promise we'll discuss things later. Just focus."

San concedes, looking away disappointedly at being swerved once again. He looks back out over the crowd as Kurenai knocks on the door of Room 33, getting lost in his own thoughts when the door slides open to reveal a lean bodyguard standing in the doorway.

"So it was you." The guard scoffs with a stern voice, glaring down at Kurenai where she stands.

"It's good to see you too, Vael—!" She suddenly vets cut off with a swift punch directed right at her nose, causing her to stumble back into the arms of a startled San who was too late to react.