𝙲𝙷. 𝟺𝟺 ☯︎︎ 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚙𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒'𝚜 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚝. 𝟷

♊︎Year 5067, Month 8, Day 8, Time 12:00 am♊︎

☯︎︎

It's been quite some time since they've all narrowly escaped the harrowing attack back at The Succubus. All of them— Jongho, Olivia, Kurenai, San, and Juniper— sit in the car that Jongho is currently driving around town, packed tightly together. They didn't know where the heck to head to, that is, until San advised the younger male of a certain location only the two of them seemed to know about.

With myriad turns that the mechanic continuously took to get their clandestine location and the sharp bends, everyone gave up on questioning his sense of direction. They all fell victims to the hypnotic purring of the car's engine and the occasional squeaking from one of the loose tires that was bound to give out but surprisingly hadn't.

Besides, they couldn't continue complaining about where he was taking them even if they wanted to, having all of their energy and stamina drained from their previous encounter with MALUS.

Still, Jongho didn't need their bickering and yelling to feel pressured to get to their destination quickly. Just the sight of Olivia's drained form slumped down in her seat wordlessly and San's injured form lying atop Kurenai who's combing her finger through his hair is enough to motivate him. At some point, he found that he must've been staring too hard considering what his dear team member followed up with.

"You know, I think that maybe if you just stopped staring at Olivia for a second we could have already arrived at our destination." Kurenai snarkily remarks, smirking when he sees Jongho send her a glare through the broken-but-miraculously-working rearview mirror.

San lifts his head briefly to look over at Kurenai with a quirked brow, hearing juniper snicker from upfront. Jongho refuses to look in her direction out of guilt of being caught.

"I'm not staring. I'm just— worried." He attempts to defend himself which only earns him a scoff from Juniper.

"Worried that your girlfriend is hurt?" The pink-haired woman goads making the younger man snicker.

"I'm— she's not— w-we're not—!"

"I'm fine, Jongho." Olivia offers the mulleted man a weak smile as she places a light hand on his thigh, going back to resting her head on the back support of her seat after a small second. A moment of silence follows as both Juniper and Kurenai mechanize what just happened before San's voice appears.

"Yeah, they're definitely smashing— OW!" The mulleted man not-so-subtly mutters, earning himself smack upside the head from Jongho who reached over the seat to chastise him.

"How are you injured and still making fun of me? Don't you have your injury to be worrying about?" Juniper snorts in her seat when she hears Jongho's complaints and the couple currently being subjected to this treatment remains awkwardly silent, neither denying nor affirming the accusations.

Finally, when the obvious tension between Jongho and Olivia becomes unbearable, Jongho announces their arrival.

"We've arrived." He declares defeatedly, making a final turn into a dark alleyway and pulling up to an oddly small garage that just barely fits the car inside. 

"Where are we? And why is it so... grubby?" Juniper wrinkles her nose as she looks around the small garage, opening the car door and stepping out carefully with much disdain for the place.