𝙲𝙷. 𝟺 ☯︎︎ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚕

♊︎Year 5067, Month 4, Day 10, Time 9:02 am♊︎

☯︎︎

Her steps echo in the large room with equally large windows on every side. The black doc martins she's wearing today are a bit heavier than usual but she attributes it to her lack of sleep, again. She hasn't been able to get a speck of sleep these last few days because she had to go over the new assignment details.

In contrast to the room she's in, she's wearing a more causal outfit, one looked down upon by the receptionist that's waiting patiently for her to arrive at the front desk.

With her baggy, black cargo pants and her cropped, lace-trim cami she walks rather confidently, the multiple silver bracelets on either of her wrists and the chain at her waist jingling with her as she walks forward.

"You're back," the lady notices with a look of displeasure to see Kurenai in front of her again. Behind her is the large symbol she's come to recognize instantly of the two koi fish chasing each other's tails, hanged for everyone who walks in here to know that this building belongs to MALUS industries.

"I am. Now if you would, I'd like the keys to—,"

"Yes, yes, I know what you're here for." The receptionist cuts her rudely, shooing her away. "He has no more interest in you. I saw him with another girl last week, so I suggest you go away."

"I didn't ask if he was interested in me or not. In fact, I didn't ask for you to speak at all. I asked for the keys to his room." Kurenai snaps back, looking at the haughty lady with a deadly glare.

Here is a prime example of the second type of people she hates. The ones that think that just because they hold a 9 to 5 job behind a desk under a respectable company they can suddenly decide that they're better than everyone else. And frankly, Kurenai isn't the first person she's treated like scum.

"Well, if you want to see him, I have to tell you that he is a very busy man. He won't be able to see you today but you're always welcome to try again tomorrow." The receptionist smiles insincerely, handing her a piece of paper to write down that she was here. "For now, you can jot your name down and I'll let him know you passed by—,"

In the blink of an eye, Kurenai pulls the woman forward by her hand and uses the other hand to smash her head against the receptionist's desk, leaving the poor woman disoriented as she grabs the back of her hair to make the receptionist look at her.

There's a large mark left on the woman's forehead where she smashed it against the desk and fear grabs a hold of her as Kurenai leans dangerously close to her face to talk to her.

"I'm so tired of having to put up with your nasty attitude every time I come over," Kurenai tells her in a low voice, keeping an eye out for anyone that may unexpectedly stumble upon the two women. "And you know what I do to things that annoy me?" The woman shakes her head frantically, trying to stay as still as she can incase Kurenai decides to harm her further. "Good, it's best if we keep it that way. Now give me the damn keys or you'll find out real soon."

The moment Kurenai lets go, the receptionist fumbles for the corresponding keys, on the verge of breaking down from her panic at being threatened. The sight of the scared-out-of-her-mind female amuses Kurenai. In less than a minute, the keys are switching hands and the receptionist is repeatedly left muttering apologies. At least now, Kurenai can walk away content that she won't harass someone ever again.

Having walked these halls multiple times before, she swings the key around her fingers walking past multiple people she's seen only once or twice before.

She soon passes a specific studio where the only thing dividing her from the people inside it are the thick glass walls. Inside the studio multiple people crowd around fixing the lighting and other necessary things, but she only needs to grab the attention of one specific person that should be in the middle of them all, striking a pose or two.