𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟷 ☯︎︎ 𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚛

♊︎Year 5067, Month 6, Day 23, Time 4:04 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

"501... 501... 501... 50– Ah, here it is." The man mutters to himself as he casually strolls down the halls of the recently sealed off floor in the main MALUS tower that's smack in the middle of Fever District, towering above all the other skyscrapers in the area.

He stops shortly after arriving at the front of the door where the girl he was looking for lies, although if she's unconscious or conscious, he's not sure.

In a meeting before today, he had overheard Ursula requesting for the girl to be moved to floor 88, where Max's main laboratory rested. He was a bit devastated when he heard the news of his passing, so it pained him a little to walk through the halls of the scientist's lab.

He was always the closest to Max after gaining his trust when he helped him escape that Mental Asylum a long while back.

He chuckles to himself as he thinks back on those times and when he was first visited by Ursula with her proposal. It was way back then when things were much simpler and...

"Excuse me, sir? I don't think you're supposed to be on this floor unless you have been granted access. If you don't mind, I'm going to have to see some identification—."

"It's Ismael. Y'know, Isla's brother. One of the Meisters." The man responds swiftly to the nurse that probably had come by to deliver some medication to the girl beyond those doors, not even sparing her a glance.

"O-oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't recognize you for a second there! Please, pardon my insolence." She bows slightly in his direction which prompts him to turn, seeing that the woman barely comes to about his shoulder in height.

She looks up at him expectantly, leaving him confused about what he's supposed to be doing before he clears his throat, pointing at the door to medical room 501.

"Will you be long in there? I came to visit my subject before the procedure." He asks and the nurse waves a hand in front of her face, answering his question.

"No, no. I won't be long, I'll just be prepping her for the surgery. In fact, you can come in if you'd like." The nurse pauses, tapping her chin while holding a clipboard in her other hand. "Although, I don't think she's awake at the moment. We had to put her under some sedatives because she was acting up and hurting herself."

"Hurting herself?" He repeats, a hint of worry in his voice. The nurse nods.

"At least, that's what Evan says. Us nurses were put under a schedule which means that we only get to see her once before the procedure, not sure why though." Ismael's fists tighten in the pocket of his leather jacket at the thought of what Evan might've done.

They had all been given a specific role to follow and although Ismael and Isla were usually given the task to interrogate people, Ursula made sure that Evan would be the one to interrogate the girl instead. All Ismael was left to deal with was capturing her and bringing her here.

He was even risking his life and position just by being on this floor, it scared him to think what might happen to him if he actually stepped foot inside of the room, and yet, he went ahead and did it anyway.

"Do you think you could give me a moment before you prep her?" He finds himself asking the nurse who was staring at him patiently for his answer.