𝙲𝙷. 𝟸𝟻 ☯︎︎ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑

♊︎Year 5067, Month 5, Day 26, Time 8:44 am♊︎

☯︎︎

"Alright, we've got the grocery bags Wooyoung placed orders for, the clothes from the dry cleaners Seonghwa wanted us to pick up, and the car parts that Jongho needed. Now, we just need... Kurenai? What are you doing?" The model's voice rips Kurenai away from what she was staring at, bringing her back into her reality at the moment.

She, Mingi, and Yeosang all stand on the busy sidewalks of Illusion District which is where they were sent to for the day.

Once a month, a group of 3 or 4 of the members is sent out to do the errands that the other members need to be done. This schedule was initially made to accommodate everyone's free time due to their jobs and other responsibilities but since Kurenai had none besides the secret assignment she was usually picked to do the rounds.

It was her third time in a row and having gotten accustomed to the repetitive process, she was walking on auto-pilot this whole time.

"I'm not doing anything," She mutters, peeling her eyes off of the display case she was staring at that held an envelope with a cognac-colored wax seal— MALUS's infamous koi fish seal.

"What wrong, then?" The model digs deeper, worried for her mental health and overall wellbeing. "You haven't talked to any of us since the day..."

"The day Max was found dead." Yeosang finishes where Mingi trailed off, scrutinizing Kurenai for any change in behavior but finding none.

They all are aware of the effects that this passing has had on each of the members except for Kurenai. They don't know if she's avoided them because she knows something about Max's death or if his passing just had that much of an impact on her.

And while Mingi is sure that she must be shaken up about The Chemist's passing, Yeosang suspects the other reason. Especially after what Candy told him about their conversation where Kurenai stormed off after insulting his girlfriend.

"I have a lot on my plate currently, I just want space." Kurenai shrugs, looking down at her black and white converse. She knows that that's not enough to mislead Yeosang, but at least he takes the bait and that's all she needs.

"If you need to talk, I'm here." Mingi gives her a reassuring look and sets a warm hand on her arm.

"Yes, I know." She sighs, relief flooding through her at Mingi's touch, momentarily getting caught up and forgetting about the fact that it's her fault Max is dead.

The action seems foreign to Yeosang. He's surprised Kurenai hadn't swatted the model away or kicked his shins. He remembers what she had said about her and the model's relationship, still struggling to wrap his mind around the fact that she let someone get close to her.

Kurenai soon noticed Yeosang staring at her and Mingi, and her usual scowl returned to her face out of irritation that Yeosang was bearing witness to this. Looking over at the display she had noticed earlier and furrowing her brows, she decides to take a closer look.

Walking off into the store without telling either of the two men with her, Kurenai barges in, ignoring the store welcomer and heading straight toward where the envelope should be.

She picks it up from where it was resting in front of the display window and turns it over to find a sticker with a price on it.