And Then He left.

"Why are you here, Brian?" my mom asked.
"I'm here to see my son, Stacy." my father replied. My mom was about to speak until I cut her off,
"Now you want to see him? After so many fucking years of no contact, now you want to?" I didn't realize how mad I really was at him until now.
"Baby." Jack whispered in my year trying to come me down, while both my parents told me to calm down and watch my language. Everyone became silent.

Soon enough, the nurse told us we could go see Jason and she also informed us Jason woke up. Jason and I always had a strong bond and I was really worried about him. We all walked in to see Jason lying in a hospital bed sleeping.
"Didn't he just wake up?" Of course Derek would ask something like that. Jason heard us all come in and started to wake up. We all had a family bonding moment for a while. My mom went to go hug him and then scolded him for not being careful. I squeezed him with a tight hug, and scolded him along with Mom.
"You idiot! Something worse could've happened and we could've lost you moron."
"Gee thanks sis, love you too." Jason and Derek greeted each other, and Jack fist pumped him and asked how he was feeling.

After a bit more small conversations with Jason about his health, our dad stepped out of the corner, revealing himself to my brother.
"Brain? What the hell are you doing here?" Jason hated our dad. He couldn't even call him dad. Derek and I did have some neglected feelings towards our dad and had something in us that hated him, but not as much as Jason. Jack kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear that he'll be waiting outside. I squeezed his hand and gave him a smile to assure him I was okay.

"I came to see you. And also, I came to apologize. And before you say anything, let me finish. I'm sorry for not keeping contact with you guys. I got really busy with my work in LA, I'm an architect by the way. And it's going great. I met a girl, and I'm planning to marry her."
"Oh so you're gonna tell your kids about this new girl of yours and then just leave us? What kind of lame apology is this?" Jason butted into Dad's apology. Mom gave Jason the "shut up before I yell at you" look before Dad continued.
"Let me finish. Anyway. I got really busy with all that. And after not talking to you guys for a few months I thought maybe you guys would be better off without me. Your mother wasn't happy and neither was I. And I thought you guys would hate me. And I kept putting off reaching out too you guys and then thought it was too late. I didn't come here and expect to have you guys love me again. But at least forgive me. My plane leaves tonight."

We all became quiet and just looked at each other.
"I forgive you. I understand." Derek said first, breaking the silence.
"What the hell? No! You're just a coward, making excuses for not talking to us." Jason said with anger.
"Honey, calm down, you just had a minor concussion, you'll make yourself feel worse with all that anger and yelling." Mom obviously tried calming him down.
"I can try to forgive you, but it'll be hard." Jason replied looking dead straight at Dad. Surprisingly, he meant it.
"I forgive you. I do. But I think it's better if you just stay out of our lives for a while. " I spoke, causing everyone to look at me. I realized a lot after Dad's apology. He was a good dad, at a point. But he always caused problems in our lives, and now that he's not in it, everything's been so much better, and easier, and great. My mom loved him at one point and was happy with him, but she lost all that. To be honest, my moms actually happy, and doing great without my dad. She puts her time at work as a nurse, which she loves, with all her friends. I even think she's starting to date a guy. But I know, she's happy. I lost my hate and the grudge I hold up against my dad because it wouldn't get me anywhere, but I don't think I want him back in my
life. Not right now, that's for sure.
"I understand. If you ever need me, just call me." My dad said as his face dropped. "I'll always love you kids, don't forget that."
We said our goodbyes, and then he hugged me, then Derek, then tried hugging Jason, then finally, he hugged mom, with an apology. And then he left.