August 7th.

I was having the best moment of my life and I got a call from my mom saying my brother, Jason, got into a serious car accident and is at the hospital, and won't wake up! Plot twist, don't you think?

Jack drove me to the hospital near our house and I rushed inside to find my mom sitting down with my other brother, Derek. I haven't seen both my brothers in a while so I embraced Derek into a tight hug, and shortly after, hugged my mom.

"What happened? How did he get into a car accident? Can we see him?"I asked while Jack held onto my hand, sitting quietly next to me.
"Yesterday night, he was in a rush to go somewhere and some jack ass crashed into him. He has some minor scratches but he hit his head and fractured his left arm. The good news is, the head injury is not too serious, so he should be awake any time soon. And they'll call us in a few minutes to see him." Mom tried to look calm, but I knew a billion things were running through her mind.
"There's something else that's bothering me too." Derek and I both looked at her, wondering what else could be bothering her as much as this.
"What is it?"
"Your dad called." My mom forced it out of her mouth and Jack, Derek, and I were in complete shock. "The hospital called him since his name is still in the book, and he's coming here. He's probably already here since he got the call yesterday, because he was awake at that time."

I had no words, even Jack was stiff. I don't hate my dad. Well I don't like him either. I just disliked his choices. He was always a good dad though. Since I never told the full story of my dad, might as well tell it. So flashback to 7 years ago. I was in 5th grade and was 10 years old. I had figured out my mom and dad weren't in love quite a while ago, but I never knew if I was right. Until that day, on August 7th.

flashback
I was at Jack's house most of the day, watching movies and playing games. Eventually, his mom dropped me off home. I was in a great mood, until I saw my mom crying and my dad had his head in his hands.
"What's wrong?" I immediately asked. Of course my 10 year old self didn't realize I should've just went upstairs.
"If we're gonna tell you, might as well tell all of you." My dad said before calling my two brothers to come downstairs. I was confused but curious at the same time.

"We're getting a divorce." My dad bluntly said. "Your mom and I haven't been feeling it anymore. And it was a mutual break up. We've talked about this for a very long time. The thing is, I'm moving to California and you guys are staying in Omaha with your mom. I was going to stay in Omaha. But theres a lot of job opportunities in California. I still love you guys, and we'll still stay in contact."
flashback ends

We stayed in contact for about a year. But after that he never talked to us. I always wondered why he stopped, but eventually it left my mind. I was never too mad at him, but a part of me still was hurt and angry, but missed him at the same time. I was thinking so deeply, I didn't realize someone came into the waiting room.
"Hey guys." I heard a familiar male voice but couldn't quite remember it. I turned around at the same time as Derek and my mouth dropped.
"Dad?" I said in sync with my brother, causing Jack and my mom to turn around.