My Best Friend?

I woke up to my alarm obnoxiously ringing. School. I was still scared to face Jack but at the same time I hoped he would just talk to me. I didn't want to get out of bed. And I didn't have Jack to rip me off my bed and tell me to get ready. Although I dreaded when he did that, I already miss it. I went on Twitter and Instagram for a bit and finally decided to get up and get ready.

I decided to walk today since I've been so out of shape, and my school isn't that far away from where I live. To be completely honest, I was still completely nervous about school. I only have one class with Jack, biology, and we have the same lunch. We usually eat lunch together, but I guess I'll be eating with Clary and some of my other friends today.

I didn't see Jack this morning but he was on my mind during my first three periods. I had biology next, and I sit right next to him. I entered my class to see Jack already sitting in his seat. I slowly sat next to him, while clearing my throat. I expected him to say something but he said nothing. I sat there quietly, not saying a word, and not paying attention.

Jacks voice woke me up from my thoughts. At first I thought he was finally going to talk to me, but all he said was "you dropped your pencil" and handed me my pencil. We had ten minutes of class left and thoughts circled around my head making my head spin. I asked the teacher if I can be excused because I wasn't feeling well; she let me since we had lunch next and we weren't doing much in class anyway. I made eye contact with Jack while leaving the class and he had a worried look on his face but I just brushed it off.

I raced to the library, the quietest place in the school, and also my favorite place. Jack knew I always came here if I needed to get things off my mind during school. After seeing Jack today, my thoughts went bizarre. Maybe I do like Jack? Seeing him and hearing his voice, made me feel some type of way. My best friend? Do I love my best friend more than a friend? Have I always had feelings for Jack? Shit, shit, shit. I think I do like Jack. What if I'm too late, what if he hates me? I'm so fucking stupid. How did I not notice that I've had these feelings. Those butterflies in my stomach, the feeling I get when I see him, the happiness and freedom I feel with him. How was I so stupid to not notice I felt all that because I was in love with Jack. I'm in love with Jack.
"Sierra?" my thoughts were disturbed by someone's voice.