Nice to Meet You.

"Sierra?" my thoughts were disturbed by someone's voice.

"Hm?" I looked up to see Jack slowly setting himself onto the ground. My heart started beating faster as he got closer.
"Are you okay?" he gently asked with a concerned look.
"Yeah. I'm fine." I was fine. I just couldn't get him out of my mind. Should I tell him? As I was about to say something, Jack's voice cut me off.
"I'm sorry for ignoring you. I just needed some time to think about what happened and I know you only see me as a friend so you don't have to explain. I did love you Sierra, and I probably still do, but even if I don't, I'll always love you as my best friend. But I tried to move on. And I am moving on. Because you and me will only be best friends and I should've thought about your feelings before kissing you. I'm sorry to make you go through all that confusion and thinking and stressing." He quickly blurted out with an anxious look on his face.

His words stabbed me like knives. I was so fucking oblivious and stupid, if I told him before, we could've been something. And it was ALL my fault. I felt tears building up but I pushed them back. There's no point in telling him I have feelings for him if he's trying to move on.

"Sierra?" once again, Jack interrupted my thoughts.
"Yeah! That's good. I hope you find someone that's good for you!" I tried to put a smile on my face and act cool about it.
"So are we good?" he chuckled, putting his arm around me.
"We're more than great." I said hugging him, while disappointment ran through my face.
"Great, now let's go get some lunch, I'm starving!"

I tried to eat lunch as quickly as I could. I couldn't look at Jack for too long without wanting to yell at myself and start crying. Maybe I should tell him? Nah. Forget that. The thought still lingered in my head while I tried paying attention to what Jack was saying.
"Remember how I told you I'm moving on and all that stuff?"
"Yeah, what about it?" my heart started beating ten times more than it already was.
"Well, I'd like you to meet Clarissa," he said while calling over some girl. "I used to date her freshmen year, and we decided to catch up and we went on a date last week and it went great. So we're going on our second date tomorrow."

My heart broke into a million separate pieces. I remember her, Jack was obsessed with her in freshmen year but she broke up with him. Of course Jack would go with her again. She's fucking gorgeous. Long blonde hair, an amazing body, amazing looks; she has everything. Why didn't he tell me he found someone already though? I thought he said he was barely moving on.
"Hi, nice to meet you." she said with a sweet smile. I couldn't hate her. There's no reason to hate her. It's my fault. I have no right to hate her.
"Hi, nice to meet you too." I replied. We have met before, but she probably forgot. I mean who doesn't?
"Well I gotta go babe, I'll see you after school?" she said hugging Jack.
"Sure will." he kissed her.

"After school?" I asked when she left.
"Yeah, she's gonna ride with us. Is that fine? We're going to my house. You can come over if you want?"
"Yeah that's fine, she's nice. I like her, hope you two work out," I lied. "and no I got stuff to do and its better if its just you two, so I won't third wheel."
"Alright if you say so. And I'm glad you like her." he replied tightly hugging me. I felt tears in my eyes once again, but I pushed them back. I gotta pull on a happy look and be happy for Jack.