Miserable.

I woke up on the sofa with a book in my hands; I was still in the same clothes from yesterday. I checked my phone and saw I had 7 missed calls from Jack but I just ignored them. I'm a still mad at him for forgetting to pick me up and then being so rude about it.

I got up to see my if my mom was home, but figured she'd be at work like she always is. I never mentioned it before but I should say something about my family. I have two brothers, Jason and Derek, but they're both off in college, my mom has work most of the time, and my dad hasn't been in our lives for a long time. So basically, I have the house to myself most of the time.

I went up to go take a shower and get into some comfortable clothes. When I got out I saw Jack sitting on the sofa eating an apple.
"What are you doing here?"
"Shit Sierra, you scared the sh-"
"Why are you here." I said cutting him off.
"I'm sorry about yesterday. I was busy with something and forgot. And I was in the wrong state and I didn't mean to act like such an asshole." He sighed and had a guilty look on his face.
"What were you so busy with?" I asked curiously. Knowing he was hiding something. After so many years of knowing him, I finally had the skill of knowing if he was lying or hiding something. He just looked at me and didn't say anything so I asked again.
"I was high." He said as if he was regretting it. My heart dropped when I heard those words.
"What? Do you remember what happened last time? How could you be so fucking stupid to get high again?" I yelled at him. Jack told me he'd stop with all the drugs and stuff. The last time he got high some bad things happened. He becomes such an ass when he's high and it annoys the crap out of me. He becomes so careless and doesn't give a damn about the world.

-flashback-
"Jack you're high, get away from me." you said to your best friend who was supposed to be doing a school project with you.
"Come on, take a hit" he said trying to forcefully put a blunt into my mouth. I got extremely mad and slapped him, causing him to get mad.
"Why are you acting like such a bitch? Just chill" he said while grabbing my wrist.
"Jack your hurting me. Let go of my wrist." He was starting to scare me. He didn't realize what he was doing, but he let go when he noticed I was whimpering.
"Shit Sierra, Fuck. I'm sorry."
"I'm leaving. Bye."
-flashback ends-

"I know I wasn't thinking." Jack looked down.
"When do you ever think Jack?!" It might seem as if I'm over reacting but it's been so long since Jack has been involved with drugs and I don't want him to get fucked up again.
"I know, I know, when do I ever think. I'm sorry. I swear I'll make it up to you. I really am sorry. I won't do it again. Just please don't be mad at me Sierra. Not right now." He sighed.
"You don't know have to make up anything Jack. What's wrong?" You asked, giving in to his apology.

JACKS POV

"Nothing's wrong, I'm just stressed." I obviously didn't want to tell her I'm upset because of her. She'll just get overwhelmed. I mean it's not her fault I have feelings for her.
"Are you sure? It seems like it's more than just that. You've been acting weird" she said looking cute as ever.
"Don't worry it's nothing big" I said putting on a fake smile. "C'mon get ready, let's go somewhere"

NORMAL POV

I obviously already knew that he was completely bull shitting me. But I knew he wouldn't tell me what's wrong just yet so I just let it go. I put on some jeans and a sweatshirt; getting ready to go to the park with Jack. Every time we were stressed, had nothing to do, felt down, or wanted to get out, we'd go to the park by our school. Either we'd be on the swings or laying under a tree.

"I missed this place" Jack said while we were both lying on the grass staring at our surroundings. I was looking at the trees while Jack was oddly staring at me.
"Why are you looking at me like that Gilinsky?" I laughed.
"I don't know Jensen. You just look different.

JACKS POV

I was on the verge of kissing her which would've turned out horrible. I never noticed how much Sierra grew. Her curves stand out more than they did before. Her hair got lighter and longer, which looked amazing even when she wakes up. Her eyes were a Hazel color with a hint of green. Her features stand out more than ever. And she's gorgeous, but she doesn't notice how gorgeous she really is.

NORMAL POV

"You're a weird kid" I jokingly said.
"Aye, you're the immature one here"
"Whatever you say" I replied. I started thinking about how my life would be without Jack. Shit would be so much harder, and I would be miserable, to be honest. I still feel like that at times, but Jack easily takes that feeling away. My thoughts were cut off by Jack's voice.
"Whatcha thinkin' about?"
"Eh nothing really, just how life would be if we never were best friends."
"It'd be a hard life, that's for sure." he laughed. He still looked upset. That normal smile of his wasn't there. It just seemed so fake and unreal. I just wish he was more open with his feelings. Rather than keeping everything bottled up, making himself as miserable as possible.