Disappointment.

A week has gone by full of dance rehearsals, school, and movie nights with Jack. I've also been hanging out with my dance partner, Austin, lately. He's a really cool guy and I may have a small crush on him. Nothing big, but unfortunately, I still get those fuzzy feelings in my stomach when I'm with Jack. I can't have feelings for Jack though. He's experienced and likes to have fun and would never see me in that way. So I don't put those feelings into too much thought. Aside from all that, today is the big day. My big dance performance with Austin is today. My mom extended her lunch break so she could come see my performance, and my brothers are driving out from college. I told them they didn't have too, but they insisted, since it was my first actual dance performance in front of a crowd. And I was nervous, not gonna lie, but thankfully Jack's support is helping. It was currently 4:00 and I was at home getting ready while Jack was watching TV in my living room. My performance started at 8 but I had to be there at 6. I decided I had a lot of time left so I just sat with Jack and ate some chips.

"Jack, I think I like this guy named Austin. He's my dance partner."
"Oh that's cool." He said obviously not paying attention to anything I said.
"Did you hear what I just said?" I laughed.
"Sorry, what was that?" He said finally taking his eyes away from the TV.
"I said, I think I like this guy named Austin. You know, my dance partner."
"What? You like Austin?" Jack said scrunching his eyebrows together. "Why?"
"I don't know, he's really sweet, and he's kind of cute."
"Whatever, that's cool I guess" Jack said with an attitude, making me lift an eyebrow in confusion of why he seems mad.

JACKS POV

She likes someone? Now I feel even more stupid. I should've told her in the first place that I liked her. How am I supposed to sit there and watch her dance with a guy she's drooling over? Fuck. Why do I care? She can like whovever she wants to like. We're not dating. We're just best friends. That's all we are, and that's all we'll ever be.

"Shouldn't you get ready?" I informed Sierra with a fake smile.
"Oh shit, yah, I totally forgot."

NORMAL POV

It didn't take too long for me to get ready. I had already showered this morning before school, so all I had to do was change into my outfit, do some make up, and fix up my hair. Jack dropped me off and left to JJ's house since the performance wasn't til another 2 hours. While our instructor's crew set up the stage, us performers had to go through our steps and make sure everything was perfect.

2 hours have passed by and Austin and I were up next; I was incredibly nervous. I looked from behind the curtain and saw Jason and Derek sitting next to my mom. I also saw Jack sitting a couple chairs away from them. He caught my eye and gave me a thumbs up with a subtle wink. I got a text from Jack that read, "You''ll do great Jensen, I know it (;" I smiled at the thought of Jack and heard mine and Austin's name getting called up.

The music began and our bodies swayed together perfectly. The rhythm of the music filled up my mind and made me forget about the crowd. Mine and Austin's bodies were touching, getting closer and closer. It felt amazing to dance under the lights. I forgot about all my worries and problems and just felt happy. Something dancing always did to me. We finished up our performance, with our bodies still closely together; I could feel my cheeks burning as we got closer. The audience got up and clapped while we bowed. As we stood up, before looking into the crowd, Austin pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my cheek. I felt proud with my performance and happy, until I noticed Jack was leaving. His face was full of disappointment and he quickly made his way out the building. My happiness drowned as I made my way off the stage. I greeted my mom and brothers and made my way out of the building to go look for Jack.

A/N
I'll probably post the next couple of chapters in a couple days or next week (: