Leigh.

All my classes went by extremely slow but my first day of school was finally over. I said bye to most of my friends and made my way out of the building, while looking for Jack. I saw him leaning against his car so I made my way towards him. As I got closer, I noticed he seemed incredibly upset.
"Jack what's wrong? You look terrible."
"It's nothing."
"Really Jack? After tons of years of you saying it's nothing, I think I've finally figured out there's something wrong." I said with a sad smile, remembering every time Jack was upset he'd always say it's nothing and just hide away his feelings.
He looked up and pulled me in for a hug. That surprised me but I hugged him back. He pulled away and looked at me once again.
"Fine, I'll tell you when we get to your house while you make me some food."
I laughed while replying, "Who said I was gonna make you food?"

The drive home was silent but peaceful. I noticed Jack still had a look on his face that made him look completely vulnerable. It was cute. Did I just call him cute? There's nothing wrong with calling him cute, right? I mean Jack's a pretty good looking guy. As he was driving, I admired his features. His sharp jawline, the stubble on his chin, his thick, perfect shaped eyebrows, the dimple on his chin, his sparkling eyes, and his soft lips.
"Why are you staring at me?" Jack said with a laugh.
"I was thinking" I mumbled.

We finally got to my house and I went straight into the kitchen finding supplies to make some sandwiches.
"Do you wanna tell me what's wrong now?" I slowly asked Jack.
"Leigh."
"What about her?"
"She broke up with me.."
"Why?" I said, trying to hide the smile creeping onto my face. I felt bad because of how hurt he seemed, but he was always happier when she wasn't around.
"She says I spend too much time with you and don't pay enough attention to her." he said while biting his lip. I started to feel guilty that I was the reason she broke up with him.
"I'm so sorry." I said while hugging him.
"It's not your fault, she does have a point, I haven't been paying attention to her. Some good things just aren't meant to stay good." he sighed.
I know I sound like a bad person, but I felt the slightest bit happier now that Jack didn't have a girlfriend to worry about all the time.