2: whimpers

♡

"What's your name, kid?"

Reluctant to follow the orders, Minjun gently raised his head from his lap to view the gang members. Both of them watched him, intimidation radiating from the sneers on their faces.

The teenager shuffled his arms in an attempt to feel some relief against the sore flesh underneath the ropes.

"Ahn... Minjun," he muttered. The screaming had left his throat feeling as coarse as sandpaper. The men, barely acknowledging his answer, renewed their hushed conversation.

"Uh," his trembling jaw just supported his words, "pl-please, I won't tell anyone. I just want to go home."

The shorter of the men let out a sudden guffaw, "you're an Ahn? You just said so. In that case, you know exactly what happened to your house."

"B-but-"

"No," he continued, "no buts."

The other guy stood up with ease and coolly marched towards Minjun, dropping a slim, stainless knife onto the floor by his feet.

"Kill us and escape then." The man winked one of his shady, emotionless eyes before turning back and relaxing alongside his partner.

Minjun frowned at the object. Fresh, warm tears clouded over his eyes and he fought back the urge to cry out once more. He shook his head, keeping his eyes adhered to the object beside his foot.

"No?"

He shook his head once again.

"I ca-can't... my hands," Minjun let an unplanned sob leave his lips as he endeavoured to free his wrists. He scarcely felt his fingers, they were cold and feeble against the floor behind him.

"Poor you." The knife was taken away from him.

Minjun clenched his eyes as the need to weep took over him, hiding his face deep within the fabric that covered his knees.

"You know, if you cry so loud you might get the attention of someone outside," a man said, and moments later Minjun's wails turned into shrieks, messy through the hiccups and cries that he couldn't control. He didn't stop, not for the long minutes that they continued on.

Not even when the tears in his eyes dried up, did he cease the shattered yelps spewing from his split lips.

It had been a few minutes short of four hours.

Minjun's frail body shook like a leaf as it lay sideways along the rear end of the vehicle. His painful cries turned into exhausted blubbering, echoing around the van until he dropped off into an uncontrollable sleep.

What could have restored his energy enough to make an escape was cut off seemingly instantly when a scratchy bag was shoved down over his head.

Noiselessly, Minjun startled awake and darted his eyes around the empty darkness that surrounded him. The tightness around his neck indicated that the bag had been fastened but it showed the boy no comfort as he frantically searched for light.

"Stop fidgeting," he heard, "we're just going indoors."

Without a second to breathe, Minjun was yanked up. His arm ached, the joints fiercely burning at the sudden tug.

His wrists, which he had been able to ignore for a short while, were grabbed into a hand and he was pushed further down the van.

A sly giggle was heard, and the boy felt bewildered until the ground beneath him appeared to vanish and he dropped down to the floor. His knees smacked harshly against the pavement and he whined out in pain that seared through his legs.

"You could have helped him down," someone in front of him said with suppressed amusement in his voice.

A pair of heavy duty boots dropped beside Minjun, "yeah but, why?"

Once more, the fragile arm of Minjun's was seized and he was dragged practically over the floor. It went eerily silent for a short time, in which Minjun felt his whole body sweat cautiously as he tried his hardest to listen to his surroundings.

There was a firm knock in front of him. Faint steps could be heard, as could soft voices from deep within this building that could just be heard from the painful ambience that lingered around the teenager's head.

Minjun's fingers tapped together rapidly, his forearms feeling bent and broken from the tight restriction lower down.

"Welcome hom- who is this?"

"Ahn Minjun, son of the Ahn Yongsun and Ahn Minseo."

"Well fuck, come on in."