28: christmas

♡

And months it was. The days had now introduced Christmas and nothing more than an uneasy sensation had swept through the household.

Of course, there were no jittery feelings over the celebratory holiday.

The housemaids had guaranteed a well-fed and extravagant Christmas for the alliance, and in return, PSY had been encouraged by his underclassmen to let them spend the rest of the holidays at home. With the commitment to be back by New Years, they were gone and back with their families.

On the very early morning of Christmas Day, Minjun had awoken with a magnificent smile on his puffy face. He squirmed out of Seokjin's protecting arms, stepping over his mislaid crutches that had been played with the night before, and felicitously skipped towards the bathroom.

He made record time in brushing his teeth and using the toilet before Minjun was transporting a light footstool towards a tall cabinet in the corner. He held up his pyjama bottoms as he climbed the stool, seeing as they carelessly dragged behind him when he walked.

He had buried his gifts for everyone beneath a container of toiletries.

Minjun was able to dig them out without tearing any paper and carefully got himself back to the ground before he admired the presents that had been stored for so long. In his hands were seven Christmas cards, made out of folded a4 paper that he fearlessly asked PSY for a month earlier.

Each of the cards had seasonal greetings on the front as well as a happy message for everyone, each of them signed off; 'love, minjun <3'. Inside were drawings of what each boy reminded Minjun of, but the boy got carried away in some instances, and he doodled little kittens over the papers.

For someone who had no money, Minjun was proud of his gifts.

He slinked back into the central area and slipped the cards into a drawer where he knew he could readily get them later in the day. As he was turning back to return to Seokjin's arms, he noticed Yoongi sighing and animating his limbs.

For a second, his eyes opened and noticed the teenage boy standing at the bottom of the beds, but they shut again just as fast. Minjun figured he went back to sleep, glad that he was resting yet slightly discouraged that he had to wait for someone else to wake up. He frowned and rounded the bed to get in alongside Seokjin before he heard a grumble.

"Merry Christmas, Minjun."

His ears perked and he showed off a sparkling grin, "you too, Yoongi, Merry Christmas!"

When the arsonist didn't respond, Minjun slipped himself beneath the bedsheets with a content smile. As if by muscle memory, Seokjin pulled the boy into his chest and lay dormant and unresponsive.

A few hours later, this time when the sun had risen, Seokjin was the first to wake. He rocked Minjun until he fussed and opened his eyes, before going on to the next boy. Helping the eldest, Minjun squatted beside Jimin and jabbed his nose unreasonably until he woke up.