38: eighteen

♡

The weak boy was quivering.

Despite it being early Spring, the bitterness of the air always seemed to catch Minjun's naked body through the fissures and splits in the wooden structure. In turn, his creamy flesh would erupt in goosebumps and his frame trembled extensively.

Minjun had been left alone for the morning, waking up for once without an ice-cold pail of water submerged over his oblivious face. It made him disoriented, without knowing what time he'd woken and why he'd been ignored so far.

Minjun couldn't even tell the days apart. He would wish himself a happy birthday unknowingly every day in the hopes that it had happened, lending him brief optimism that was almost always intervened painfully.

"I hope you aren't wasting your time, looking for me I mean," Minjun hummed, knees pulled up to his chest and fingers tracing patterns onto the dusty concrete floor, "I think I'll die here, one way or another."

He sighed, "I'm not scared."

He shivered at the way his words were almost convincing, a soft trickle of teardrops appearing, following his awareness. That he was terrified and wanted nothing more than to just be in the arms of one of the boys.

Minjun swiped the tears away harshly, "no."

He glared sternly at his feet, refusing to cry and weep for Bangtan to come and rescue him. Whether it was his destiny to remain or succumb, Minjun would do so without inconveniencing the busy gangsters he had grown so enamoured of.

"If somehow Jimin created a mind-reading device-" Minjun breathed out a playful laugh- "I want you guys to know that I don't want you to risk anything for me. These guys are mean and I know you're strong, but they're capable. I'm doing fine."

The boy's dainty smile washed away at the sound of keys twinkling upstairs.

"Hey." It was the one who called himself Hongjoon, the leader of one of the many groups here. He was followed closely by San and Wooyoung.

Hongjoon stood with folded arms before Minjun, emotionless eyes hawking down at him, "would you like to know what you've caused?" San and Wooyoung beside him scowled, the duo standing identically to their leader.

"C-caused?"

"Your precious boys kidnapped one of ours," San ejected, "we thought we'd even out the injuries he sustained on you."

Hongjoon curtseyed down, hand out to count on his fingers, "what was it now? ah, missing fingernail, testicular rupture, severed achilles tendons, cheekbone fracture, and soft tissue injury inside the throat." Minjun whimpered and subconsciously wriggled backwards.

A strain of inebriated hiccups chorused from all three.

Wooyoung laughed, "what's wrong?"

"I-I'm sorry that happened," Minjun whined, "I-I-"

"Shut up," barked San. He squatted to be the same height as Minjun, "let's work on that cheekbone, what do you say?"

The birthday boy shuddered, hands shuttling up to shield both cheeks with dread. Despairing huffs fell from his lips as he used his feet to kick himself further away from the evil men, all while they jeered and ridiculed him. Wooyoung became frustrated with the pace and took the three steps it required for him to reach Minjun, before grabbing his hands and restraining them behind his back.

The familiar position had Minjun scurrying desperately and frightfully away, shielding his most private areas however he could. Hongjoon snorted at the behaviour, playfully using his feet to knock the boy's thighs apart.

The boy was close to squeezing them back together but remembered the agony that filled him last time he'd tried.

"Not just yet," he chortled. It earned a petrified sob from Minjun, but all three neglected him as they prepared their vengeance.

By the way Minjun was held by their leader, he had nowhere to run or hide. His backside was settled on the enemy's lap, an agonising reminder of what would come later, and the two other gangsters sat in front of him.

They sat like a trio of schoolchildren arranging to play a card game.

As if to worsen the feeling in Minjun's belly, San and Wooyoung played a trivial game of rock, paper, scissors. The winner, a drunken San, wasted no time in winding his arm back, winking at Minjun with a merry grin and flogging his fist towards the boy's eye.

Minjun cried out, arms jerking in Hongjoon's hold.

"Dumbass, that was his eye," Wooyoung laughed loudly, "you've fractured his eye socket!" The two were pointing and giggling at Minjun's injury, how the white of his eye began seeping with deep red. The victim blinked despite the pinching and heavy distress emitting from the eye, trying to find his vision through the increasing blurriness.

San clapped, "okay, your turn."

"Watch me get his actual cheek this time."

Another crude smacking sound filled Minjun's ears, followed by the horrifying discomfort that accompanied whatever injury his face would be left with. He felt as though the enemy had hit the jackpot, finding it intolerable to open his mouth to scream.

Hongjoon smirked, "good job."

"What next?" Wooyoung looked all over the boy's body, eyes landing hungrily over his groin, "we could just skip the torture." He received a slap from San, who punctually yelled at him in a slurred speech about how they were to wait until Minjun was black and blue.

Impatient, Wooyoung huffed, "fine."

He then stood up and faced the restricted boy. Lustful and eager, he tried impressing the other two in his gang by raising his foot and kicking Minjun constantly throughout his torso. He continued until the muscles in his thigh shrieked out in red-hot pain, telling him to stop exercising.

"Enough?" He asked, practically drooling.

Hongjoon shrugged, "sure," before standing up and tossing the limp boy out to the duo like lunchtime for a couple of Lions. San stopped before he even began, grabbing the boy's hair and bringing their faces close, "this is for what you did to Jackson."

thank you for 10k reads!! <3