36: torture

♡

When Minjun finally awoke, he found himself back on the raw, solid floor of the shed's basement. No attempt had been made to clean up the unwanted breakfast, nor the blood, urine, and vomit from one of his first beatings. The only difference was that Wendy had been removed, only a dehydrated splatter of gore in her wake.

It took a hesitant moment for the pain to arrive back into Minjun's nervous system, taking its time to overwhelm him with sensations. The thrashing he took for what he did was immoral.

The teenager whimpered and puffed, turning himself round to face the stairwell. He was unpleasantly startled to see that they'd relapsed back to shackling him up, both of his ankles connected to a worktop with heavy-duty, black chains.

When Minjun found a competent position to rest in, he wallowed in the suffering throughout his body, trying harder than ever to fall back into an absent-minded sleep.

Hyuna was watching with a mischievous smirk, armed with a set of pliers in one of her manicured hands. Beside her, ITZY's main torturer, Yuna, squatted with a grimace over her stout lips, holding with both of her hands a crowbar. She observed the grim exhibition in front of her with an astonishing mix of repugnance and astonishment.

Jungkook shared a playful grin with Yoongi, whose face was impassive notwithstanding his bloodthirsty anticipation to demolish the man in front of him.

Not only does the tied-up hostage know where Ahn Minjun is being held, but he caused the demise of one of their allies. If that wasn't grave enough, the thought that the man had possibly induced deafness on Namjoon was. Worked up and unbelievably hostile, Yoongi brought his hand down once again, perhaps the fourth time that very minute. His senseless fist made contact with Jackson's cheek.

"Who was in the car?" Jungkook kneeled, eyes fixing straight onto those of the hostage, "tell us and you'll keep the fingernails on this hand." He invited Hyuna closer with his index finger, never once losing eye contact with the noiseless yet afraid criminal.

The man heaved, his fingers curled into fists that strained against the leather bonds around his wrists.

"It's inevitable," Yoongi barked, "your only outlet is telling us."