17: ghibli

♡

Jimin sent to Minjun a playful, knowing laugh as the table of boys watched Namjoon's face become sweaty and rose-coloured.

"It is too hot for you?" Seokjin's words were directed towards the teenager, worriedly observing him after seeing their leader's reaction.

Minjun swallowed down the red-hot stew in his mouth and licked his lips, "with rice, i-it's not so spuh-spicy." This made the eldest grin, taking his spoonful into his mouth with a hum of satisfaction.

"It tastes divine as always, Jin," Namjoon said while gulping down some redundant saliva and wiping his forehead clean of perspiration.

Jungkook joined in giddily, "It's so good I don't want to finish it!" Seokjin laughed and took a bundle of white rice between his chopsticks, managing not to drop any grains as he delivered the fluffy warmth into his mouth.

"My little sous-chef helped a lot too, didn't you Minjun?" Seokjin gleamed, smiling with plump lips — they had been reddened significantly from the spicy food in each of their dishes. The boy nodded, returning a bashful smile before tucking his head down to resume the meal.

"That's brilliant," Taehyung said, "maybe Minjun can help more often in the kitchen once his legs are all better!"

Minjun peeped up at him, noticing his sparkling eyes and boxy grin, finding himself casually smiling at the elder. Taehyung met his gaze, deepening his eye-smile before hungrily caressing his spoon between his lips.

Hoseok and Yoongi were still absent. The medic opted to eat his meal, as reclusive as it sounds, in the nursing room where he could keep an eye on the knocked-out pyromaniac.

"Ah," Jimin stirred, "Minjun you'll join us for a movie tonight, right?"

Although the teenager genuinely felt drowsy, he respectfully and wordlessly agreed. He knew they'd be wary of him if he was to reveal his tiresomeness after his attempted getaway.

"What's your favourite type of movie?"

The question came from a nonchalant Jungkook, who continued shovelling pieces of beef into his mouth as if he hadn't asked anything.

"Animation..." Minjun said, voice somewhat more powerful than what it had been before — and surprisingly, steadier. He didn't fight to push the word off of his tongue and instead, confidently responded to the intimidating gangster.

"We could watch a Studio Ghibli movie," Namjoon proposed, "not too childish but still animated." Minjun cast his attention from the dark-eyed gang member to the leader of the pack. He nodded his head.

Seokjin was the only man that Minjun allowed to accompany him to the bathroom, considering he was unable to walk without breaking into a dizzy pile of pain

The eldest walked Minjun into the expensive-looking lavatory and stepped up to the toilet. He kept his arms securely wrapped around the teenager's belly, but tilted his head down and held his forehead against the boy's spine.

It was something that Minjun had awkwardly asked of him, just so that he'd feel safer — knowing for sure that he wasn't being seen.

When Minjun was finished, he was assisted in standing in front of the basin to clean his hands and then the two of them were leaving for the living room. Everyone, except for Yoongi and Hoseok, had made themselves comfortable.

Namjoon sat on an armchair, the petite figure of Jimin curled up on his lap. The younger boy lightly buzzed with anticipation as he eyed the door in which Minjun and Seokjin arrived.

Taehyung sat on one end of the middle-set loveseat, patiently holding the television controller and idling for everyone to be ready. Jungkook, dozing off already, was sitting atop some cushions on the floor between Taehyung's knees. Most of his body was covered in a lush, dark-green blanket, his head poking out and showing that he was almost asleep against the gambler's thigh.

"We want you to decide Minjun," Taehyung grinned, patting the seat beside him where Seokjin soon set the boy down, "which do you want to see?"

Minjun's fingers toyed with the weighted blanket that Seokjin threw over the three of them, eyes wandering over the list of movies displayed on the television screen. He hummed, before lifting his arm and aimlessly pointing at his option.

"Cuh-can we watch My Neighbour To-Totoro?"

"Of course!"

Taehyung selected the movie, ensuring it was set to Korean dub, before discarding the remote control. His hands promptly drifted down to fiddle with Jungkook's raven locks, twirling them and rubbing down on his scalp.

Minjun kept an amazed focus on the movie for at least forty-five minutes before he realised how exhausted he was, blinking sternly to rid his eyes of their bleary weight. He felt them subconsciously drift closed, his head lulling sideways momentarily before he caught himself and sat back up.

Fortunately, Taehyung had taken notice and tapped the boy's forearm affectionately.

"It's okay if you want to sleep, I'll watch it with you again another day."

Minjun sleepily bowed his head in contentment and thought nothing of it when he slowly deflated at the hips, letting his torso fall askew onto Taehyung's body.

Seokjin chased the falling abdomen with his hands but seeing Taehyung's gratified smile urged the eldest to leave the teenager. He rested one of his wide hands on Minjun's thigh, enjoying the warmth of his body as he watched the movie.

"Sleep well, Minjun." Taehyung slinked his arm under the boy's and wrapped it around his chest, leaning down and massaging his cheek against the most delicate hair he'd ever felt against his face.

It caused an evening-long grin to penetrate Taehyung's face, his hand delicately caressing the boy on his chest while his other hand stayed enfolded into Jungkook's hair.

thank you all for 1k ^.^