44: molang

♡

"You can decide," Seokjin cooed, settling Minjun down so that the two were nestled close on one of the many beds in Bangtan's bedroom. Jimin, Hoseok and Namjoon had chased them up while Yoongi and Taehyung sat in the infirmary, adamant to watch the surgery and give each other comfort. Jimin took the empty slither of bed on Seokjin's left side, his hand finding Minjun's almost instantly.

Hoseok and Namjoon got comfy on another bed, arms tangled and bodies touching.

Minjun raised his head from Seokjin's chest, eyes lingering on his confined hand, "My Neighbour Totoro?"

A softened chuckle was verbalised from the bed of the duo and Hoseok raised his head, "isn't this the fourth time we've watched that movie, Minjunnie?" The youngest sulked as he looked over, shaking his head.

"Only the third," he said.

"Well-" Hoseok hopped out of Namjoon's hold and trampled to the television-"In that case, it's settled." He found the DVD case almost instantaneously in the alphabetised shelving and turned the movie on. He was sure to switch off the lights and take ahold of the TV controller before leaping back into bed with their leader.

Minjun couldn't help but squeal, resting his head so sweetly against Seokjin's chest and only hoping that the eldest could still see the television. He could; not that Seokjin genuinely cared. One of his hands rubbed delicate, fragile patterns over Minjun's back while the other one ran through Jimin's hair.

His thumb traced the hacker's facial features, gliding down his nose and caressing his cupid's bow.

Jimin leaned into the touch, eyes shut as he took peaceful breaths. The rhythmic sound of the Studio Ghibli movie lulled him to sleep, supplemented by Seokjin's soothing touches. His body mechanically wriggled closer to Seokjin and the boy on top of him hardly noticed. He continued eyeing up the delicious colours blaring from the television, one arm under his own body and the other spread over Seokjin's abdomen.

Minjun did notice, though, when he obtained an itch on his thigh. He huffed as he pulled his arm towards him, but it didn't budge. The boy gasped, pushing himself into a seated position to the side of Seokjin. The eldest stared at him worryingly, hands reaching out to grasp the boy's waist seeing as he was precariously close to the edge. Not to mention the fact that his body was staggering backwards with each tug he gave his arm.

Minjun cried out, an unforeseen stream of tears being released. He yelped, hand swatting at Seokjin's to rid them from his body. Seokjin had no choice but to let go, observing the boy so hysterical over his hand being trapped beneath Jimin's sleeping frame.

"What's going on?"

The movie was paused the next moment, and Hoseok and Namjoon came to the rescue. They stood behind Minjun and the boy shrieked in startle.

"Help!" He wailed, "-hand!"

Jimin woke up as the shouting reached him, assisting Seokjin's straining hands as he sat himself up. Minjun pulled his hand free, nearly knocking himself off of the bed if it weren't for Namjoon's body. He crumpled forwards, torso and head on Seokjin's stomach while mourning melancholically.

"Hey," Jin carefully put his hands on the boy's back and began to pull him closer when the boy yelled out again and recoiled out of the touch. This time, Minjun did fall to the floor. With a thud and a distressed whine, he bounced from the bed and crash-landed on his side, unbothered to stand and opting to fold into a ball.

Jimin darted up in alert, eyes wide as he ran around the bed to see the fallen boy. He covered his mouth at Minjun's condition, eyes ultimately finding Namjoon's.

He had told them, each of the boys. They knew what had happened to Minjun in the shed's cellar, but none of them knew how to deal with it. Luckily, the group's sunshine was one step ahead of them, already having read up about it way before they left the infirmary.

He crouched not so far from Minjun, legs crossed and arms folded. The noise enticed a soft purr to sound and soon enough, Molang was plodding out from his cat bed and unearthing his way to Hoseok's lap.

"Hey, Minjun-" Hoseok's voice was nothing like the others had heard before, so soft and soothing- "It's me, Hoseok. You're home, buddy, just look at me. You're safe, you're in your bedroom and you're with Hobi, Jimin, Jin, and Namjoon."

Minjun's hyperventilating waned during the serene words, but he shuddered and lamented nevertheless.

"Molang is here, Minjun, why don't you reach and stroke him?"

After that, a skinny and bandaged arm extended from the coil and Minjun set his palm over Molang's back. The white fur was warm from where Molang had dreamed by the window and the unknowing cat released faint mews as he received the before-mentioned pets.

Molang is only found at home.

Molang is only there when Minjun is safe.

Hoseok smiled, "can you feel him, baby?"

It was vulnerable and unstable, but the little hum of agreement from Minjun that followed was enough to tranquillize Jimin and the others. Minjun scrunched his fingers, his whimpers and shivers gradually declining with each stroke.

"Minjun," Hoseok got the boy's attention, "can you look at me? I'm going to touch you, okay?" The boy unfolded as soon as Hoseok reached for his arms, turning to look at the mechanic with glassy, obscure eyes. He made no effort to struggle and alternatively, he urged himself into Hoseok's hold as soon as the elder had picked him up.

Minjun plunged his head into Hoseok's shoulder and whined, "I'm sorry."

It was Namjoon who had reached him first. Standing behind Hoseok so that he could see Minjun's face, the leader carefully scolded the boy for apologising. He brushed his cheek with benevolent intent, smiling at the dozy boy.

"Can we carry on... Totoro?"

Hoseok grinned, "of course," before carefully setting Minjun back down onto one of the beds. The boy was surrounded by Jimin and Seokjin again, the two of them cautious and slow with their actions. It made Minjun pout.

"You don't have to be so careful," he spoke, "I guess... I just get nervous when my body is restrained."

"We understand," smiled Seokjin, opening his arms for the sleepily active boy to climb on top of him. He didn't fold his arms over Minjun's back out of concern, instead, Seokjin held onto Jimin's hand. The youngest thrived to keep his eyes open, hoping to finish this movie just once in his life.

However, the fatigue won. Before surrendering to the impending sleep that clouded him, Minjun pushed his body up and crushed an appreciative kiss to Seokjin's cheek. When the elder turned to react, Minjun was already deep into slumber.