8: suspicious

♡

Minjun stirred at the faraway sound of footsteps and chattering, but with the warmth and the relaxation that besieged him, he stayed still and tranquil. He felt a firm softness beneath his body and longed to separate himself from Seokjin's embrace, but desired to overhear what would be said.

"Damn," he heard a closeby cackle, "he looks comfortable."

"He fell asleep watching a show, anyway, how did it go?" The oscillations of Seokjin's voice sent melodious chills down Minjun's neck, as the elder man spoke with a wearying, deep-toned voice.

"As expected, really. They handed over two million and we agreed to forget what happened. I don't understand why so many people try us like this," Minjun recognised the refined voice of Namjoon.

His body leaned slightly as a new weight fell onto the sofa, his feet brushing against whoever's leg was newly resting behind him. A broad hand fastened itself on Minjun's lower leg, staying still apart from the habitual thumb that soothingly stroked the sweatpants.

The teenager let his eyes flutter, giving the appearance of freshly awakening. He sighed, twitching his limbs away from the two men on either side of him as he sat upright.

"Hey, how was your day with Seokjin?" Minjun turned sluggishly to face the man beside him. When he found that he couldn't pinpoint the man's name, the teenager furred his eyebrows in puzzlement.

"It's rude to ignore him, as-"

"Shut it, Jungkook. The kid's thinking."

Minjun's cheeks crimsoned with shame, looking into the eyes of the man, "so-sorry, I, uh, I can't remember your n-name..."

"My name is Kim Taehyung," he glowed with a gleeful glint in his eyes before pointing around the room, "that's Jeon Jungkook, Park Jimin, Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Kim Seokjin, and you're Ahn Minjun."

"Ah- tha-thank you Taehyung."

As unfortunate as he felt about it, Minjun stayed side by side with Taehyung as Seokjin eventually left to cook the gang and their captive some food

As unfortunate as he felt about it, Minjun stayed side by side with Taehyung as Seokjin eventually left to cook the gang and their captive some food. Yoongi and Jimin, followed speedily by Hoseok, left the living room the moment they were dismissed, and Jungkook miserably slipped out whenever he felt he could.