52: roadtrip

♡

Minjun was distracted by his third carton of strawberry milk when the van drew to a gentle stop. He curiously raised his head and swallowed the pinkish treat. Molang, coiled beside the boy's thigh, woke up. Like Minjun, his eyes studied the back of the van with concern, and upon finding nothing impressive, the sluggish cat sighed before falling back asleep.

The side door was drawn open, nearly frightening the youngest male. A mid-afternoon light oozed into the van, and Minjun had to shield his eyes, pinching his milk carton a little too hard in the process. As Minjun was wiping some of the drink off of his lap, Yoongi climbed into the vehicle.

"Minjun," he summoned, stepping over to the occupied male, "Namjoon requested for us to exchange. Don't worry, I'll look after Molang back here." Minjun gawked up at the man, slowly gathering his thoughts and ultimately, standing.

Before leaving, Minjun asked Seokjin for another milk carton, grieving over his empty one. While hesitant, the elder gave it over and sent the boy on his way.

The leader of the gang welcomed Minjun with a devoted grin, watching as he put his seatbelt on and got comfortable before he started up the van. He could hear Minjun slurping at the drink, humming in enjoyment as the artificial flavour ran down his throat.

"I wanted to ask how you are doing," said Namjoon, eyes on the road.

Minjun chewed a little on his straw, "I'm fine, and you?"

The elder side-eyed Minjun, seeing the nonchalant and relaxed expression on the boy's pale face, "that isn't what I meant."

Beholding Minjun's perplexing shift in facial expression, Namjoon reiterated himself, "how are you feeling about everything around you? Us?"

"Oh..." Minjun lowered the drink carton down to his lap, fingers interlocking in a sweaty tangle, "I feel okay. Loved. I feel like I should be angry at you all, resistant or at least upset, but I can't and sometimes it frustrates me, but I'm happy... somehow."

He quickly added, "I'm sorry."

"What is there to be sorry for?" Namjoon chuckled, "I asked a question and I'm glad that you answered sincerely."

Minjun nodded into his chest, satisfied with himself, "do... do you regret me joining the relationship? I know I haven't contributed romantically I just don't know ho-"

"No," declared Namjoon, "none of us do, and no one wants you to rush anything either. We're comfortable with the progress, I promise."

Minjun kept his head bobbing, unsure how to respond with anything other than a consistent nodding. His eyes were trained onto Namjoon's face; how concentrated he was on the road while sustaining a conversation with his passenger. He even felt a little flustered watching his distinctive features tense now and then.