48: romance

♡

It took a little over two weeks for Jungkook to leave the infirmary bed without the shrieking agony of his burns grinding against their dressings. He was short-breathed, pained undeniably, but managed to get around on unsure legs.

The confirming tests had told the rest of Bangtan about Jungkook's asthma, and IU presented him with an inhaler. Minjun was quick to put little stickers over the sky-blue casing. He was praised by Jungkook for the artistic task, yet another situation in which Minjun felt content and relaxed around his saviour.

It was a Thursday afternoon. Showers of rain painted the windows of BTS' bedroom, and the television was the only light source for the eight men. Not that they were particularly watching the showing news.

"Minjun-" The boy stopped puttering with Molang's collar when he heard Seokjin calling his name from the bed opposite- "Can you listen to us for a little while, Sweetheart?" The elder received a cheerful nod and Minjun released his fluffy, white kitten onto the floor.

"We all want to ask you a question," began Seokjin, "you can have as much time as you want to think about it, so don't feel pressured, okay?"

The boy narrowed his eyes, silent as a flight of butterflies swarmed in his abdomen. Uneasy nausea washed through him and he couldn't prevent the slight flutter that his jaw produced.

They regret keeping me. Rescuing me. Jeopardizing their safety.

Jimin appeared to have discovered the shakiness of Minjun's lips and he tentatively took the boy's hand into his own, "you don't have anything to be scared of."

"We promise," Taehyung giggled from the other side of the boy, "you're okay."

Minjun gaped back at the sympathetic eyes of Seokjin, noting how the man had given him time to steady himself before continuing. He offered a nurturing smile, one that Minjun had grown to relish.

"We want you to join our relationship."

The tender grin that Seokjin bore uncovered no hints of kidding when Minjun searched for it.

He gaped at the man a minute longer, waiting for him to take back his words.

Seokjin watched the inner turmoil through Minjun's bewildered eyes. He gave another kind smile, relief pacifying him once Minjun's eyes travelled to someone else. They landed on Jungkook.

The bandaged gangster was staring back, not an indication of displeasure or opposition in sight.

Jungkook danced the tip of the knife down the kid's body, stroking it against his chest and abdomen, before snaking it towards his left knee. With a stifled yelp from Minjun, the knife was plunged deep into his leg, just above his kneecap. The teenager twitched his leg, his fingers and toes squirming extravagantly as his distressed cries were swallowed by the cloth.