37: gps

♡

"Happy birthday, Minjun," said Taehyung, frowning down at the white, sealed envelope between his fingers. He replaced it where it had stayed in a desk and closed it, lamentably turning away from the drawer filled with presents and cards prepared for the boy.

Namjoon caressed his knee, only just hearing the younger's melancholic tone through the ringing in both of his ears.

"Taehyung," the leader stated, a little too loudly but out of his control, "can you give me an update?"

The gambler shuffled so that he was sat in front of Namjoon, face to face in a way that would aid the man in hearing his words. Namjoon hadn't been included in meetings over the prior day or two, his ear injury making him too sensitive to such volume as a gang debate. He stayed in their room, watching longingly at the untouched bedsheet where Minjun last lay.

Taehyung spoke in great, pronounced words, "Jackson wouldn't talk, so when his gang come to fight for him as assumed, we will give him back. We have a plan, though. ITZY's Lia is carrying it out. Originally, Blackpink's Rosé would have, but the three are still mourning their loss."

Namjoon, with a focused and pointed face, nodded along, showing Taehyung that he understood. Afterwards, he gave a thumbs up and dishevelled the gambler's freshly-washed hair.

The two gathered themselves closer, returning to what was a cuddle not long before Taehyung found himself looking through the drawers. They watched the last few moments of a casual thriller, subtitles on and large for the somewhat discouraged leader.

"I love you," said Namjoon, making Taehyung flinch at the sound.

"I love you, too."

Soon enough, the rest of Bangtan joined them from their own midday ventures. The seven love-struck boys sat in a worldless cluster, comforting each other's silent pleas for support.

 The seven love-struck boys sat in a worldless cluster, comforting each other's silent pleas for support

"They're coming," Yeji muttered, "are you ready?"

Her eyes didn't leave the half a dozen men trampling up the front yard towards the main entrance. Each of them held some type of debilitating weapon, hoping with all her might that the sensible gangsters indoors were armed just as well. Lia followed them with her eyes, just as passionate.

"Yes," Lia grinned at her leader, tapping her fingers over the black case in her hands. The two worked together swiftly in unbolting the box and revealing what had been handed to them by PSY just an hour earlier. Lia blew out a steady breath, making sure each of the men was inside before she ran from her hiding place. Yeji watched her with awe and unease.

The moment that Jaebeom led his men through the front door of the foreign residency, he felt eyes following him like dozens of evil, deceitful spiders. He ignored it, the six of them fearless and equipped as they stood to attention in the heart of the lobby.

They waited in silence for a moment or two, calmly observing each enemy's movements.

The sound of the elevator dinging made each gangster look over, flawlessly in time for them all to behold Jisoo and Jonghyun hauling a spluttering and handicapped Jackson out over the marble flooring.

Seeing the state of their boyfriend, BamBam brandished his crossbow and directed it carefully at Jisoo's head, "what the fuck did you do to him?"

Unfortunately for him, SHINee and Bangtan were all too prepared for such an occasion. Each of them drew their guns out, quick to protect their own.

"Put your weapon down," Jonghyun stared, jaw clenched with a concealed nervousness.

He frowned at the way BamBam ignored him, "if you even try to shoot your weapon at us, all of you, including Jackson, will be dead in an instant. It's you six, against all of us."

He didn't miss the way that Taemin smiled boastfully at him from one corner of the room.

BamBam, although white-knuckling the weapon, lowered it. He sent forward some of his men, Jinyoung and Yugyeom, to collect Jackson. The battered man was sniffling and breathing laboriously, hardly holding onto his life by the time Got7 had come to obtain him. He couldn't help but smile drowsily up at his boys, hoping that he'd made them proud.

Jinyoung and Yugyeom lifted him, so mindful not to knock him.

"Let's get you home," Yugyeom whispered, not sparing any glances around the room as each gangster left. They were watched as they left, sailing down the road away from P Nation.

Yeji and Lia emerged through the doors not long after, both keeping a pleasing smile. The girls had their arms around one another and were soon brought into a group hug by Chaeryeong, Ryujin, and Yuna.

The five girls hummed victoriously, honouring Lia immensely.

"It worked," She stated to the relaxing crowd in the lobby, "I attached the tracker to the tyre hood and it should be feeding through to Jimin's laptop already. We're going to find Minjun."

Yeji rubbed her back, "although I do have to mention, when they were leaving... one of them discussed coming back to seek revenge."

She happened to make eye contact with Lisa, whose smile floundered at the words.

"Don't worry about that," PSY cheered, "we have it covered. Tomorrow, we fight." The Boss was impressed as he smiled around at the celebrating friends and lovers, "come on everyone, let's drink to Minjun's eighteenth."