54: gift

♡

The festival itself was nothing like Minjun had ever beheld. The boy hadn't seen so many excited people before — not counting the sports events at his former school. His eyes couldn't find a still wonder to linger on for more than a second or two.

They were walking along a raised street, one that sandwiched a neat, shop-filled alley. Minjun's eyes found the lane below them, covered over by hundreds, if not thousands, of mottled umbrellas.

Above him, and in almost every direction around him, a unique cherry blossom tree sat proudly. They displayed millions of blushing flowers and danced in the weak, springtime breeze.

"Do you like it?" Asked Jimin as he caught up with the youngest.

Minjun gleamed at the man and nodded, "it's very pretty, I love it." Then, he wriggled his hand out of his sweater pocket and held it out for Jimin. The warmth of Jimin's palms gave Minjun a jolt of comfort, and he cheerfully strolled beside the elder with his hand being carried.

"We're at the Jungwon Intersection," Jimin informed the boy as they turned a corner, "We can get some food here before we continue."

The feeling of Jimin's hand plucking out of Minjun's reach was discouraging to the boy as he watched the elder converse with Namjoon. He appeared to be inquiring about food, so Minjun quietly watched with a pout on his rosy lips.

Shortly, however, the heat in his hand was reinstated — on each side. The boy snapped his head up in alarm, discovering a smiley Taehyung on his left and a blush-covered Jungkook on his right.

"You shouldn't frown, Min, the boys and I will think you're upset," Taehyung told him, squeezing his hand now and then, "and then we'll have to come over and give you so much affection in public."

Minjun only then looked up from Taehyung's hypnotic lips, "o-oh," and regarded the tens of people wandering around the immobile group. He wondered if they had cynical thoughts about the way he held hands with his two partners, how he was subconsciously inches away from kissing one of them.

"Boys," came Namjoon's voice from behind the trio, "we're going to get tteokbokki, coming?" And soon, Minjun was being tugged towards a petal-smothered picnic table.

Jin, Yoongi and Hobi were the ones to order the food, standing by the street stall as their rice cakes were prepared.

Minjun shovelled a handful of dawn-tinted petals off of the table, thanks to the overbearing sakura tree that hung over the group's heads. With great care, he lowered the bundle onto the floor beside him, being that he was at the edge of the bench.

Next to him sat Jungkook, who supervised as the boy gently moved the cherry blossom from the table to the floor.

When the eldest three returned, Minjun's eyes were filled with appetite and glee. He saw the steam wafting out of the takeaway cartons and a gleam of saliva appeared on his lower lip.