3: home

♡

"Yoongi. Hoseok. Taehyung. Did it go well?"

Minjun listened tentatively from the floor as the abductors circling him erupted into a discussion. If it wasn't for the tormenting sting in his arms and the oxygen-depriving bag bound around his neck, the teenager would have assumed that he was listening to a group of students having a lively conversation.

He felt a gentle kick against his thigh, "depends on what you mean by well."

"Does he know?" Minjun was tapped, bringing his blind attention to his right side. A hand fell over the top of the suffocating bag and pressed down on the crown of his head.

"Hey," he heard a charming voice mixed with suggestive intimidation, "where were your parents today?"

"Work."

At his trembling voice, Minjun encouraged a few sniggers from behind and in front of him, feeling particularly discouraged once the pressure from above his head left.

"Take him to Namjoon's office, then we'll talk."

Minjun, with more softness than prior times, was raised from the hardwood floor by his biceps. The man held him in front of him, instructing the scared teenager forwards and guiding him to their leader's office.

"Please... I just want to go home," he cried, swallowing down a choir of sobs that were ready to declare themselves. Minjun shivered in the arms of the kidnapper, allowing himself to be dragged through unfriendly hallways.

"Ahn Minjun," the gang member halted, "you saw our faces, we can't just let you leave." Without waiting for the younger to react, the man reached out and beat heavily on a door much as he had done outside.

Worldlessly, the door was unbolted and Minjun was nudged inside. He heard no new voice, just the heavy breathing of the criminal behind him as he was escorted to a wall.

"This won't hurt," he assured, "but we can't have you escaping while we discuss some things."

With that, Minjun was forced by his shoulders to a carpeted floor. His legs instantly curled up underneath him and he rubbed his teeth into his bottom lip to prevent him from whimpering. Two hands wrapped a coarse material around his bound arms, and within a few seconds, he found it impossible to bring them away from the wall.

Tied up and blind, Minjun had no straightforward way of escaping as the abductor and the man who allowed them both access into the room left. 

"Take us through what happened

"Take us through what happened."

Hoseok left Namjoon's side as the two of them reappeared in the living room. He curled up beside Seokjin, gnawing at his cheeks at the thought of the hostage just a few rooms away from them.

"When we arrived," Yoongi began from his seat on the single recliner in the corner, "he had suitcases out in the hallway. Living necessities, money, things like that."

Taehyung snorted, "I don't know what he told his wife but she seemed to be helping him pack up." Namjoon listened intently, a naturally irritated gaze on his face as the three boys continued their reencountment.

"He clearly wasn't prepared to pay us, so we did what we had to do. Yoongi took care of them while Taehyung and I got the money from their cases, then we searched the house and pretty much took anything shiny," Hoseok grinned, "then of course Yoongi insisted—"

"The house is on fire," Yoongi finished emotionlessly.

Jimin, releasing a wicked giggle, trotted over to the pyromaniac and sweetly rested his knees on the rug in front of him. With his elbows holding his head up on Yoongi's lap, he batted his eyelashes and smiled with his pouty lips.

"Details?" Jimin sang.

Yoongi reached down and stroked the side of the younger's face, "I'll tell you later." Jimin pouted and narrowed his eyebrows, maintaining harsh eye-contact with the arsonist until he caved.

"Gagged 'm with his own dick."

"Disgusting fucks," Seokjin coughed out a carefree cackle, earning a childish pout from Jimin before he stood up and dragged the lethargic Yoongi down to one of their bedrooms.

"It's better than letting them get away but there's no way their lives were worth anything near to what he owed us," Namjoon sighed, "the money?"

Taehyung brought two bags to the centre of the room where their leader waited agitated, "it's all in here along with valuable items from the house." With a nod in response, he stumbled close and sat with Jungkook.

"What about the kid?"

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at Seokjin, "what about him?"

"We didn't even know that the Ahn's had a son," Jin responded, drumming his hand gently on Hoseok's thigh, "what do we do with him?"

"Kill him," Jungkook tutted.

Taehyung pinched the youngest gang member, causing him to hiss and flinch away from the unnecessary attack.

"He hasn't done anything wrong!" Seokjin announced.

"Have you forgotten who his bastard father is?"

"If we didn't know anything about the boy beforehand," Seokjin grimaced at Jungkook, "then he has nothing to do with his father's actions."

"Cool, then let him go."

"He was in the back of the van with Yoongi and I," Hoseok piped up, "not to mention he's now an orphan, and a school student."

"Shit, is he over eighteen?"

Hoseok met Taehyung's eyes, "it's unlikely, even more so if he wasn't on the system. You know how they feel about children being caught up in our business."

Stressfully combing his fingers through his hair, Namjoon stood up, "it's fine. We can accommodate him until he's eighteen, and then deal with him. Letting him go now will only mean he'll get extra attention and help."

"I'm going to my office. Once I've had a talk with the kid I'll call for someone to come and get him," Namjoon spoke as he began hauling the bags towards the exit of the room, "and he's innocent, don't treat him like a hostage. We aren't the bad guys here."