42: guillotine

♡

Chaeryeong swayed Yuna comfortingly, flattening her hand over the girl's back as the two sat in the corner of the van. The younger of the two sniffled quietly, trying her hardest not to interrupt the discussions surrounding them. All surviving allies had herded into the van, panting and checking anyone for injuries.

"SHINee and Blackpink," PSY exclaimed, "I want you to do a sweep - upstairs and downstairs, check every room you pass."

Onew nodded and shook Namjoon's hand as they crossed, joining the three girls of Blackpink at the door of the van. All eight of them trampled out, bearing half-loaded guns and chipped combat weapons. The appointed lot had fortunately been the most uninjured throughout the war, likely why PSY picked them for the task.

At least half of the remaining boys of Bangtan were helping the others clean their wounds; Jimin's dislocated shoulder and Taehyung's defence wounds. They were diminutive, paper-cut type slices from where he'd protected his face in one of the few battles. A swipe of medicine and a strip of gauze and his hand would heal up in no time.

Jimin's was a little more complex. Once the pain had found him after he'd settled in the van, the hacker began heaving and writhing, unsure of what to do with himself to cope. He first nudged himself away from the surrounding allies, understandably defensive about anyone touching the injury. A single poke was like a heated stab.

Yoongi had to lay the boy on the ground, hushing him and praising him peacefully.

Jimin winced as his shoulder hit the van's floor, yelling out and trying to sit up. Opportunely, the arsonist had set himself over Jimin's waist, on his knees with his hands stroking the boy's cheeks benevolently.

Dawn and Chaeryeong took the opportunity to crowd at the hacker's side. The solo assassin delicately picked up Jimin's arm, recoiling at how he wailed noisily below him and straightening it out. Chaeryeong placed her hands over the displacement, so fragile that it hardly added to the discomfort.

"Yoongi-" Dawn was holding Jimin by the elbow- "can you hold his torso still?" The man complied, bringing his torso down so that he lay atop Jimin's chest, effectively binding him down. Jimin huffed at the weight, free arm rapidly clamping around his boyfriend's neck.

The elder painted Jimin's chest with kisses as Dawn got to work. He elevated the arm, rotating it and moving it in orbicular motions while advancing. Chaeryeong felt the joint, encouraging Dawn as she guided the ball joint into its socket.

It produced a sickening pop but, when it did, Dawn slumped backwards with a content sigh. Jimin fussed and stayed still, arm around Yoongi as he sought comfort.

Yoongi cooed, "you did well, it's all over now," before rearing his head from Jimin's chest and mangling their lips together. Jimin regulated his breathing through his nose, the torture of his shoulder still cooling gradually. The elder boy calmly stroked Jimin's cheek until he pulled away, giving him a proud smile before helping him to his feet.

Jimin thanked the two that fixed him, finding solace beside Taehyung on one of the benches that ran around the border of the van.

It was then, as Jimin pacified and relaxed on his lover, that a frightful cry burst from the house. All eyes were on the windows and Namjoon wasted no time in flying from the van with Seokjin in tow.

A consistent screaming sounded as they approached the door. It was one of their girls and once they had established that, the two of them rushed in. The sight before them was one for only a sinner.

The crowded doorway at the end of one of many hallways in the house caught their attention. Jisoo and Lisa had fallen to their knees, sobbing and weeping at whatever lay there. Taemin was mute, forehead against Minho's chest as the two of them wept inaudibly. Jonghyun collapsed against the wall.

Through their legs, Namjoon could see a trio of bodies on the ground. He shared an uneasy look with Seokjin before continuing forward - only then noticing, once he had gotten close enough, that Rosé and Onew had been decapitated. Namjoon could tell it was them instantly.

As if he had been at the weaker end of an attack, Key lay lifeless with only the top half of his face sliced off. His brain became a lumpy mush, leaking from the exposed hole in his skull.

Unwilling to let his eyes roam for the decapitated heads, Namjoon looked up at the culprit. In the doorway, protecting what was soon found to be the main office, was a guillotine blade. It still swung with sinister intent. Namjoon's eyes followed his suspicion downwards, finding the almost inconspicuous tripwire that had been established.

"It-" Jisoo found her bearings and spoke through her laments- "It was a trap..." Lisa pulled her close, the two of them in their world of mourning.

Seokjin frowned at the way Jonghyun cradled himself, holding back cries and forcing his eyes away from the scene. He made his presence known, before pulling the vulnerable man into his chest, hand rubbing his back with care.

"Come on," said Minho as he wiped Taemin's cheeks and walked over to check on Jonghyun, "we should take the bodies outside and burn them."

Lisa cried a heartbroken sob, "burn them?"

"It's okay," Jisoo cooed, "It will stop them having a forensics team poking them about when the cops finally show." Lisa inadvisedly glimpsed at Rosé's blood-drained head, nodding and ramming her face into Jisoo's neck as the tears rose again.

"I can get her for you," Minho spoke, hoisting Rosé's limp body up by her armpits. He kicked the back door open and glared into the neverending flame. It still roared the same way it had when it was first ignited. Although, this time, it had taken some bodies in its confined hold as it flowed over the grass.

Followed by Namjoon and Taemin, Minho stepped over to where the fire hadn't grown so much. A shallow blaze that would make a resting spot for their beloved allies. Minho put down Rosé, the fire slowly engulfing her corpse. Namjoon did the same with Onew and Taemin the same with Key.

As they watched their friends succumb to their fiery grave, Jonghyun came outside holding a pillowcase and Seokjin followed holding another body.

"It's Ryujin," Jin muttered glumly, "we went to get a pillowcase for the heads and found her dead on top of that Jackson bastard... she's the reason our Minjun is alive." The man added her to the heap, petting her shoulder supportively before standing beside Namjoon.

Jonghyun placed the pillowcase in the flames too, just as Jisoo and Lisa emerged from the house. They clung to each other and made no other noises but bewailings as they watched Rosé get consumed by the fire. After having said goodbye, the remaining three of SHINee and the remaining two of Blackpink allowed themselves to follow Namjoon and Seokjin back to the van.

Jimin watched with a grieving heart as the van hummed, watching the fire. He saw it lick particularly close to a blond-haired villain that he'd remembered from the Bar.

How he flinched away from the heat of the fire as he lay inanimate on the dirt.

And then, the van moved along. Away from the horror house and back home to Hoseok, Jungkook, and Minjun.