60: cyclist

♡

Minjun cast an exasperated pant as he pushed his legs further. They boiled with red searing fury, but Minjun couldn't help but keep up with Namjoon's bicycle, powered by the fear of getting lost in the woods.

He tried distracting himself by admiring the clusters of trees and woodland plants, taking deep breaths of the fresh air.

Luckily, Namjoon dug his heels into the dirt path and drew the bike to a stop.

"How are you doing?" He asked, turning in his seat to observe the red-faced boy. Minjun nodded with a messy thumbs-up, breath not yet regulated enough for a conversation — and Namjoon could see this.

He unmounted his bike seat and set it against a nearby tree, "let's stop for a while, I think we've gone far enough, sweetheart." The boy was quick to copy him, discarding his borrowed bicycle against the mud track. He hurried to stand beside Namjoon.

The two of them watched over the side of the narrow path, down through a thick cloud of trees and bushes.

"So pretty." Minjun kicked a stray pebble off of the hillside. "And scary."

"It's only scary if you fall," Namjoon replied, half-mindedly as he pulled his camera strap over his head. He twisted off the lens cap and aimed it down the hill.

He beamed behind the camera and continued, "so it's just pretty."

Minjun watches as Namjoon took multiple shots of the luscious scenery below them. His dominant hand gripped the technology, finger firm against the shutter button. His other hand caressed the zoom ring.

"Can I try?" Asked the boy calmly, hands fumbling with each other by his abdomen. Namjoon drew his eye from the viewfinder and grinned down at Minjun with a nod.

He nudged his head, "come here."

"Hold it like that." Namjoon positioned the camera in Minjun's

hand. "Just click the shutter when you see something pretty."

Minjun gazed down the lens. He saw clusters of tangled branches and wildflowers in every direction. He must have squeezed the shutter button at least a dozen times when he saw a nosy hare peer out from a poorly-made rabbit burrow.

Namjoon marvelled at the mesmerised boy and took his own photos on his mobile phone, each portraying Minjun in his world, shrouded by nature and woodland.

Minjun was stunned - to say the least - when he felt a callous pair of lips mash against his cheek. It caused him to inhale rapidly, twisting his body in sub-conscious self-defence. Through the viewfinder, Minjun saw Namjoon holding back a series of chuckles, his hand covering his mouth and eyes squinted in bliss.

"Pretty," hushed Minjun, breath fogging up the camera's screen. He pressed his finger down and watched as Namjoon's lovely face was captured into a worshipful photograph. 

When Minjun pulled the camera away from his face, he was astounded to see Namjoon had sailed closer. His body was instantly embraced by immense, brawny arms.

A squeal left the boy as Namjoon hugged him.

"You have such a beautiful spirit." Namjoon pressed his hand against Minjun's cheek and gently guided his face away from his chest. A smile adorned his cold face, letting his eyes flutter shut so that he could press his lips against Minjun's.

The younger gasped into Namjoon's lips, puckering his smile to return the affection. 

"That's not fair!" Minjun bumped his pool cue against the carpeted floor with a thud

"That's not fair!" Minjun bumped his pool cue against the carpeted floor with a thud. "I don't even know how to play pool!"

Snickering, Yoongi patted the boys head, "then learn before someone else beats you."

"I already did," Minjun said, "I just-"

"So you do know how to play!"

"You hit the balls into the net-hole-things." The boy evaded another head pat. "And then, you hit the black one in and win."

Minjun resumed, "so, I'm just not good at it then."

"Practise," hummed Namjoon as he got up from one of the sofas, "I'll play you next." He grabbed the longer pool cue from Yoongi's hand and patted the man's backside as he wandered away from the pair.

Namjoon set the balls in place and joined Minjun at the head of the table.

"Let me help you," he muttered from behind the boy in hopes of not spooking him. Minjun squatted down to be eye-level with the white ball like Taehyung had told him earlier in the evening, and Namjoon slotted his body behind the boy.

Namjoon manoeuvred Minjun's hand to sit correctly on the felt tabletop, then steered the end of the pool cue to fit between his thumb and index finger.

"You want to hit it in the middle for this," Namjoon, with his hand over Minjun's, rocked the cue back and forth, "because we want to shoot directly in front of us, and we want our white ball to stay in contact with the table."

The younger bit back a grin when he felt Namjoon's minty breath tickle the hairs on the back of his neck.

With a little force, Minjun struck the ball with the tip of his cue.

As anticipated by Namjoon, the cluster of pool balls dashed apart and spread around the table. Furthermore, Minjun's eyes lit up as a yellow ball slipped into one of the nets.

He spun, rejoicing an enthusiastic yell, and enveloped his arms around Namjoon's neck, "I got it!"

Namjoon squeezed Minjun's petite frame, rebounding the same energy that the boy was giving.

"Think you can do it alone?" Namjoon smiled as he released Minjun.

The younger smiled sheepishly, "maybe you can show me once again..."

4 chapters left

4 chapters left...
i hope you all enjoyed the christmas period <3