23: coward

♡

After taking the attention away from Taehyung by owning up, Jungkook received a thrashing. He was left with discoloured rings forming around his eyes, and a busted lip, although he only felt glad that it was him and no one else.

Once the ill-minded criminal withdrew, Jungkook drooled a mixture of blood and spit out onto his lap.

"Who's next," Bang Chan brushed his fingers softly through the wounded man's hair, flattening it down before harmfully grasping it and jerking Jungkook's head backwards.

When Jungkook simply panted at the lingering discomfort with his eyes shut, Chan backed off and proceeded down the line.

"I'm gonna need someone to decide who's dying first," he tittered. His arm was bent and he toyed with the gun that was back in his harness, making eye contact with each frightened gang member in his path.

"You?" He stopped in front of Hoseok, relishing the way that his usually sunny eyes were teary and dusky. The mechanic shook his head, swallowing down a lump in his throat.

Bang Chan purred, "no, you're right."

"I want to see your reaction," he proceeded, followed by a sardonic snort.

Hoseok released an abrupt sob, unable to hold back. He fought against the cords that bound him but groaned in distress as he found it no use.

"Hmmm, not you," Bang Chan smirked in front of Namjoon, "I'd love for you to see your men fall."

"You're doing this to become more powerful," Namjoon said. Unexpressive, his words somewhat disturbed the opponent, although his face only showed an amused smile.

"That's right."

"Then why aren't you fighting us?"

Chan scoffed and shifted his weight, falling a little irked at the conversation when his fingers craved to be wrecking another gangster.

Namjoon continued, "you could win fairly and have people know so, or you could kill us like this and gain no power or strength."

"Shut up," Bang Chan scolded. He pulled his arm back and lashed it forwards, crashing his tightly formed fist into the side of Namjoon's nose. The fearless leader simply glared into the face of the enemy, cold and emotionless.

Chan ignored his stare, walking on and stopping in front of Jimin.

"Ah, you're hurt," he stated. Jimin grimaced as the black t-shirt he wore was drawn down so that his wounded shoulder was revealed. The dressings were unimpaired, precise and firm before Chan dug his index finger beneath it and tore it away.

The hacker seethed, grimy air hitting his healing stab wound.

"A recent wound, hmm?"

He wasted no time in digging his thumb into the injury, not stopping when the excruciating protests from Jimin's mouth rang through his ears. The hacker's arms spasmed and tensed as he tried with all his might to escape the tormenting grasp that Bang Chan had on him.

It only impelled him on, prompting Chan to deepen his thumb.

As the healing surface broke apart, dots of blood developed around Bang Chan's finger, beginning as a minuscule leak that turned into a fountain of the crimson soup, streaming down Jimin's chest much like it had when he was first stabbed.

"Ha- s-stop!"

The opponent pulled his thumb out, chortling at the open wound on the man's shoulder, before wiping his hand down his chest and accumulating some of the falling liquid. Smirking, he shoved two of his fingers into Jimin's mouth, discharging as much blood as he could onto his tongue.

Chan left, retreating from the dribbling hacker.

"You—" he crouched down and put one of his hands on the teenager's thigh— "I might just keep you alive for a while." Minjun shut his eyes, opting to not see the corrupt gang member in front of him as it violated his personal space.

The man sounded a slight tune, stroking the side of the boy's face before standing up straight. A small print of Jimin's blood was left on his cheek, unknown to Minjun in his panicked state. Chan's calloused fingers began untangling his belt, tortuously slowly and to the revulsion of Bangtan.

The gang was soundless before his intent was clear. The moment that his fingertips moved for the zipper at the top of his utility trousers, an outburst of yelling echoed from the tied-up men.

"He's seventeen!"

"Sick bastard."

"Get away from him!"

To say that the man was infuriated was an underestimation. First, he smacked his belt around the boy's face, leaving him blubbering out incoherent sobs. And then, Chan called the rest of his men in - excluding Hyunjin.

As an execution, each of Bangtan was sat down with a detestable gang member in front of them. Their leader made sure that he was before Namjoon, wanting the recognition of destroying Bangtan's leader.

"Any last words?" Bang Chan spoke, a whimsical tone to his venom-laced words.

"Yeah," Namjoon kissed his teeth while sustaining his menacing glower, "you're a coward." Bang Chan, face swollen with wrath and loathing, gnarled disapprovingly.

Minjun gawked with wide eyes at the sweet-faced man in front of him, focusing on his handsome display of freckles rather than the ill-disposed handgun that he held out. The man was looking right back into Minjun's glassy eyes, studying the teenager's face with a not-so-well hidden frown.

So defenceless and fearful, Minjun allowed himself to do what he was good at. It began with his lip trembling before a buildup of sour teardrops obscured his vision.

He only just heard the guy's next command before an echoey gunshot fired.

"Here to save the day! Oh- guyssss~ come on, I've already started!"

thank you for 3K you're all swag :) also, i should probably point out that i don't dislike stray kids at all - or any of the groups that i have included