Chapter 10: Single Target

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Johnny's POV-

Everybody stared at Jaehyun, questioning our unexpected behavior with one another. I sighed and waited for Jaehyun to realize that he's overreacting. There's no other way to put it; however, I'm aware that he only wants the best for me.

Right now, I'm staring at Jaehyun while trying to contain the emotions that wanted to burst out of me.

-Call your doctor, close the headquarters, keep me hidden; do whatever you think that can save me, but you know that it won't end there. – I claimed, looking at Jaehyun sternly.

-You can't stop messing around, can you? I saved you once, a year later, I rescued you again, and now I'm trying to do the same thing. Can't you understand? – Jaehyun questioned, upset.

-And who asked you to do it? Yes, it's your job to protect the city, but why don't you let me take care of my problems? – I replied, not holding back my words.

-I won't fight with you again; say whatever you want and leave. – Jaehyun said before looking away from me.

-Hyung, you are too severe. Mr. Suh only wants the best for everybody. – Jeno pointed out.

-Yes, this information can lead you to the person who ordered the attack on your sister. – Taeyong said, making Jaehyun looked at him.

-We already have the evidence against Hak Sehun and that he killed your sister. But according to Mr. Suh, he had orders from someone else. – Yuta spoke before staring at me. -Mr. Suh, can you tell us what you know about the case? – Yuta questioned.

I nodded. -A few moments ago, I was with Won Jongyul; he captured me while I was going outside of the company. I didn't know where I was, probably in one of his many hideouts around the city. Anyway, I was there with Won Jongyul, and he asked me about a pen drive, similar to the ones Sehun gave to his friends. But mine is precious, something he's searching for after my friends and I concluded our investigation of his business. – I explained while putting my hands together, placing my elbows on my knees while bending slightly. -Won Jongyul wants the pen drive back. Somehow, he knew that I survived the ambush his group planned against my friends. That day, my childhood friend and I; got out of the warehouse we were at, and then Jaehyun helped us escape. – I sternly disclosed, not leaving chances for inquiries.

-That's why the captain and you are so close. – Lisa deduced, which both of us nodded in response.

-After helping Johnny, we started to plan his future together. I wanted him to grow and become someone better, and he also desired the same thing. So, we became close until, well, expressing our feelings to one another. After that, I had to enlist in the military service to continue my training, so I lost contact with Johnny. We got together once I started to investigate Leyla's murder. And then, I saw him again for the same reason, but now searching for a different person. – Jaehyun concluded the story, leaving his team shocked by the sudden revelation.