Chapter 22: To Hold or Forget

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Midnight*

-Jaehyun's POV-

Almost two years it costed me to find the culprits of my sister's murder, and today, at last, she can rest peacefully. My team did an outstanding job capturing the criminals, clear the warehouses, and bring closure to the case. However, I can't discredit what Johnny did for me and how he cared about my situation in the end. He even held onto the law and let Jongyul live regardless of the wicked time he made him go through. After our ups and downs, he did stay true to his words and respected our oath.

Yet, not everything had a happy ending since my situation with Johnny got worse after our confrontation at my office. It was evident in my eyes how Johnny's words made me feel; after all, I never expected him to tell me to move on from him.

You said you'll find someone else and forget me. But how? Is that even possible after everything we've been through together?

The same thoughts continued to linger around my head, and with a glass of whiskey on my hand, I am stopping myself from hurting further. But the endless memories with Johnny are attacking one after another, not letting me stay calm after a long day.

-John Suh, why are you stealing my sleep again? Sometimes, I honestly hate to love you so much. – I spoke while feeling upset and frustrated.

Even if I want to forget you and move on, as you said, it seems impossible for me to reach happiness without you.

I sighed before resting on the couch, placing my forearm on my face while leaving my drink on the coffee table. Gradually, I felt my emotions taking over me, shouting inside how desperate I desire to forgive Johnny; however, my head doesn't say the same thing. It wants me to think about my final decision before choosing the path I want to take. Yet, it doesn't take me long to understand my feelings and necessities. I've already been here before, deciding if I have to leave or stay.

-No, Jaehyun, what are you thinking? Man! Johnny already sacrificed many things for you. – I thought, consciously having Johnny on the back of my head, knowing how much we mean to each other.

Suddenly, I looked at my phone, eagerly wishing to call Johnny to ask him to come over. However, I felt it wasn't the right moment after the argument we had today. I believe it put our relationship at the edge.

*Next morning*

-Johnny's POV-

It is already the next day after my last argument with Jaehyun. And honestly, I can't believe the words I said last night. I was tremendously hurt since he didn't realize the sacrifices I made for him by capturing Jongyul and leaving him alive. However, that doesn't justify how I responded to him.