Chapter 12: First Attempt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The next day*

-Jaehyun's POV-

A few hours ago, I was sitting on my desk, trying to put this case in order because so far, it was looking like a puzzle without an end. Luckily, I managed to make some sense of the complicated crime to solve. My team has supported me with several groups that belong to Won Jongyul; however, I haven't spoken to them about the other things I'm planning. After Johnny's appearance at the headquarters, I knew there were vast possibilities for me to bend and gradually break. He's like my weak spot, and for my "bad" luck, the man of my life is better at playing the risky role than I am. It's becoming embarrassing, considering that I was the one to join the army for more than a year, and I'm also the one who has been in charge of KNP's headquarters for the last three years.

I need to improve for my team and my sake. It won't be easy, but I can't stand here without doing something about my emotional problems. I have to get up and keep going with the investigation of my sister's murder. Currently, I can't speak about the plans that I have regarding Won Jongyul; after all, I still need to get some information about Hak Sehun. So, I divided my team and asked the majority to focus on getting the rest of the groups from Won Jongyul and interrogate them to see if we can get something out of them. On the other side, I took Taeyong with me since I need his help to keep an eye on Hak Sehun.

*Current time – Noon*

Taeyong and I; are on the side of the road, seeking Hak Sehun's presence. Right now, he's inside the house of someone with powerful resources since this person lives inside an expensive residency. For now, we are only watching the property, staying steady to avoid any complications. However, this time gives me the chance to think about Johnny. After all, I'm doing this plan behind his back.

-Who do you think that person is? – Taeyong asked while looking at the house's entrance.

-I don't know, but I hope Hak Sehun doesn't get in trouble with us. – I admitted while holding the wheel, looking sober and slightly worried.

-Do you care about that guy, now? – Taeyong questioned, surprised.

-No, not at all. But Hak Sehun is Johnny's friend, and I don't want to explain to him why I have his friend inside the interrogating room. – I disclosed, making Taeyong chuckle slightly. -Why are you laughing? – I asked, confused.

-I never expected you to be with Mr. Suh. I thought CEOs weren't your type, Captain. – Taeyong teased, which I scoffed for in response. He laughed more before speaking again. -Honestly, what did you see in Mr. Suh?

-Several things you won't understand until you fall in love. – I pointed out while keeping my eyes on the house.

Suddenly, the door got opened once again, revealing a man beside Hak Sehun. They greeted each other politely, making me believe that he might be his superior. But before Hak Sehun could go, one guard from the house got towards the other man. Whatever he said made his boss get angry, and then, he confronted Hak Sehun.

-Get out of the car! Now, now! – I told Taeyong immediately.

Taeyong and I; got out of the car within seconds, running towards the house of the unknown man. Suddenly, we heard a gunshot, causing us to run faster. Once we arrived at the house, Taeyong showed his badge before approaching the victim.

-Hak Sehun ran away. – Taeyong pointed out while covering the victim's injury.

-Not in my watch! Call the paramedics and reinforcement. – I ordered before running after Hak Sehun.

I hurried my pace as I watch Hak Sehun meters away from me, but suddenly, he took out his gun and started to shoot.

-Are you going to kill your best friend's lover? – I shouted before shooting back at Hak Sehun. He didn't stop and continued to run while wasting his bullets, and luckily, I could dodge them all.

When Hak Sehun was about to cross the street, a black car hit him, causing him to fall to the ground. Immediately, I ran towards Hak Sehun's spot and noticed that the one who stopped him was Yuta. I saw him handcuff Hak Sehun as I approached my teammate.

-You know, I'm glad that Taeyong called me, but I never thought that it was because of this situation. – Yuta pointed out before pulling Hak Sehun up on his feet.

-Well, I asked for it. So, you are welcome. – I subtlety smiled before looking at Hak Sehun. -I don't know what I'm going to tell Johnny, but one thing is for sure, you tried to kill that man over there. – I spoke while looking at him sternly.

Hak Sehun chuckled. -Let me go if you don't want Johnny to break up with you. – Hak Sehun said while smirking.

-You are sick! How can you threaten your best friend's love with that? Huh? – Yuta questioned, upset before taking Hak Sehun inside the car.

This guy has a point; I might be on my way to end my relationship with Johnny.

*Moments later*

We got back to the headquarters while the rest of the team takes care of the homicide attempt case of that man. So far, we don't have the information we need to interrogate Hak Sehun. But Yuta and I; wanted to give it a try and see what we can get from him.

For now, Hak Sehun looks calm while sitting on the chair as we walk around him. I can't read his eyes, nor his mind, but I'm sure that somehow, he thinks like Johnny. So, I'm trying to formulate questions that Johnny could not avoid no matter what.

-You still worry about Mr. Suh's reaction once he acknowledges that you captured his best friend. But I wonder what he'll feel when we tell him that you wanted to kill his lover. – Yuta spoke while looking at Hak Sehun.

He scoffed. -My friendship with Johnny is more important than his love for detective Jung. – Hak Sehun assured, making me look at him.

-You know Johnny well. So, tell me, why are you working with the man that almost killed him twice? – I questioned sternly.

-Won Jongyul doesn't know that Johnny is my friend, so I didn't have anything to do with those attempts. – Hak Sehun answered, avoiding the question I asked.

-You didn't answer Jaehyun. – Yuta pointed out before getting closer to Hak Sehun. -Why are you close to Won Jongyul despite the rage he has towards Mr. Suh? – Yuta questioned again, insisting on an answer.

-I won't say anything if Johnny isn't here. That's my last word. – Hak Sehun smirked while facing Yuta.

-Can I hit this guy? – Yuta annoyedly asked, looking back at me for approval.

-No, not yet. – I sighed before nodding at Hak Sehun. -Alright, I'm going to bring Johnny. – I accepted.

-What?! – Yuta looked at me, confused. But Hak Sehun smirked, looking proud.

-Yuta, let's see what happens with Johnny here. We don't lose anything if we try. – I pointed out, trying to act as if I didn't know about Hak Sehun's intentions.

-Jaehyun, when Mr. Suh finds out that you captured Hak Sehun, he won't be happy about it. – Yuta said worriedly.

-Let's try to see the result of it. – I said while holding Yuta's shoulder, and then we looked back at Hak Sehun.

I'm one step ahead of you, Hak Sehun. And I can guarantee that I know Johnny better than you do.