Chapter 25: Hating Us

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Johnny's POV-

I'm still holding my phone, not understanding Jaehyun's words at all. Perhaps it's because I'm too drunk to understand whatever he's trying to say. However, I still hope for Jaehyun to end the call; after all, I only want to rest and think about my decision without any interruptions.

-Do you need anything else? Because I'm going to hang up. – I spoke, feeling slightly unwell.

-Why? Do you have something better to do? – Jaehyun asked.

-Honestly, I have work to do. – I said before walking backward, shortly feeling the balcony's fence behind me.

Johnny, stay still.

I took a deep breath before closing my eyes, not feeling at my best as the alcohol began to mess with my senses. Suddenly, I placed my phone down while trying to take more air into my lungs, but I didn't notice the distance between my back and the fence. I almost believed I could fall, but someone held my waist, causing me to open my eyes and look in front of me.

-Jaehyun...? – I looked at him in shock as he put his phone away, briefly pulling me closer to him.

-What are you doing?! John Suh, I hate you so much! – Jaehyun worriedly said while embracing me tighter.

My words couldn't come out; I felt a knot on my throat as Jaehyun continued to hold me against him. My breath quickened just as my heart began to beat faster while feeling him close to me; however, I couldn't move or react to his sudden affection.

-Did you honestly believe that I wouldn't see my mistake? Huh? – Jaehyun questioned, upset. Then, he pushed me away and stared at me. -Ten told me about London, but you didn't mention anything to me. Why? Do you want to leave me now? – Jaehyun said while looking at me, confused.

-Ten didn't have to tell you anything. It is my decision. – I claimed, causing Jaehyun to look at me, stunned.

-So, you want to leave Seoul. Don't you? – Jaehyun questioned, his voice revealing the pain he holds.

-It depends where you stand. I still hate you for everything you did in the past; you left me twice, and now you broke up with me because I didn't want to hurt you. – I pointed out as my tears began to gather in the corner of my eyes.

-I'm sorry; I honestly regret what I did, okay? But don't leave me, please. I forgive you for everything, and let's put behind what happened in the past. – Jaehyun said while holding my hands.

-Let's be honest, Jaehyun. We both hold a strong resentment against each other, so why do we keep holding on? – I asked, not hesitating any of my words, getting tired of this situation.