Chapter 1: Searching for Answers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaehyun's POV-

The day has been going well so far. This morning we put all the cards on the table, did some more research within the people of Seoul, and got our culprit to confess the crimes he committed last week. It took us most of the day, but the unit worked hard to finish the case on time. After that, we didn't have any more work to do, and everybody was ready to call it a day. Tomorrow we'll get more cases to work on, so all of them wanted to rest.

They left the headquarters, but I stayed some more since I wanted to go over the information we already have on my sister's murder. We have suspects on the radar, but I'm still holding onto the same guy Johnny Suh is protecting, Hak Sehun. There are many things about his alibi that don't make sense, where he was at 10:49 in the evening? How can we believe what he says? Can someone affirm the place he was at when the homicide happened? There are essential questions, the ones I couldn't ask him one year ago because of his boss.

*Current time – 6:30 p.m.*

I'm looking through the files while drinking the last portion of my coffee. I couldn't take my eyes off the information about Hak Sehun; he has a full record of violence and drug deals.

-I came back to see if you needed some help. – I heard Taeyong coming inside the office.

-You didn't have to come. I'm just checking what we already have. – I stated while looking at the papers on my desk.

-Jaehyun, you need all the help possible. We aren't just talking about homicide; this case also involves a powerful group of drug dealers. – Taeyong stated.

-Yes, but we already captured many of those guys. – I sighed. -I need that murderer because I know that the one to kill my sister was the leader of the organization. And I know who he is. – I said seriously.

-You aren't thinking about Hak Sehun, right? – Taeyong questioned.

-That's our man. I know it. – I looked at him. -Tae, he ran away when we went to search for him. And not even Mr. Suh knew about his sudden departure. – I reminded him.

-Do you want to go to him? It's still day time. – Taeyong slightly smiled.

-I thought you were against my point of view. – I said, surprised.

-Hmm, I have the same feeling towards that guy. Yet, I won't support your violent ways to get the information out of a suspect, but I guess I can't stop you. – Taeyong said before patting my shoulder.

-What are you talking about, Tae? It's the only way they'll talk. – I stated before taking my phone from the desk, and then we started to walk out of the office.

-There are better ways. – Taeyong told me.

-I'm not the good cop; that's your job. – I spoke.