Chapter 29: Sudden Intervention

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hours later*

-Jaehyun's POV-

We've walked through the mall for a couple of hours, entering the shops as we see something of our taste. So far, I felt renewed after talking and having fun with Johnny for such a long time. After all, we barely get these moments due to our different schedules, so it feels unique to go out with him. Fortunately, our time alone hasn't faced too many interruptions from our phones; however, Johnny's phone went on silence mode after receiving messages from Ten and his new business partner, Hwang Seojun.

Currently, we are taking a break from walking. Johnny checks his phone as I drink my iced coffee, waiting for him to finish while looking around us. But I'm starting to get impatient, causing me to see the messages sent my way.

My team already finished the case, excellent!

I smiled at the news my colleagues gave me, so I sent them some greetings and words of gratefulness. Today, they did all the job for me, and I'm glad nobody opposed my sudden break. Shortly after sending the text, I saw Ten's reply, causing me to check the chat immediately.

"Are you asking because Johnny talked to you about Mr. Hwang? If that's so, I'll be your ears and voice whenever Johnny is at the company. Honestly, I don't have a great feeling about this guy; I believe he has other intentions with Johnny. I'll go to the headquarters after finishing tomorrow's work. Fighting, Jaehyun!" – Ten.

I rolled my eyes at Ten's message, feeling disturbed with the doubts he holds about Johnny's new business partner. Then, I quickly replied to him, and after it, put my phone away. I took another sip of my coffee before glancing at Johnny, and surprisingly, he's still attending the phone.

-Who is it? – I asked, intrigued.

-It's about the job; Seojun took his mother to see the company today. – Johnny explained, causing me to stand up and see his phone screen.

-Tell him you are busy and that you aren't all the time working. – I said, but Johnny chuckled at my words while shaking his head gently. He continued to type, but I immediately took his phone away and started to respond to Seojun myself.

-Hey! Jae! – Johnny said before standing next to me. I remained on the bench while replying to Seojun's last text, not minding if I upset Johnny by my reaction.

"Tomorrow at the meeting we can talk about it. I'm glad you found the company in great condition; my team works hard to maintain it neat. Greet your mother for me and see you tomorrow, Mr. Hwang." – Johnny.

After sending the text, I smiled before breathing deeply, feeling relieved at last. Then, I gave the phone back to Johnny and briefly began looking at the people passing by while drinking my iced coffee.