Chapter 15: Love & War

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Johnny's POV-

I took Jaehyun to the room and began to check his wounds. Luckily, it wasn't anything too severe that required stitches; however, part of his skin got ripped by the bullet. Immediately, I treated Jaehyun, taking care of his injuries as best as possible. Inside my head, I'm still upset that he didn't take care of himself. He thought his job is like going to war every day. But on the other side, I understand how he must be feeling; after all, Jaehyun wants to do everything right for his sister.

Right now, I'm glancing back and ford at Jaehyun while cleaning his arms with a wet towel, attempting to relax his body. He's closing his eyes, slowly breathing as he let me take care of him.

Even though you captured the man behind your sister's murder, you still want to get to the bottom of the entire situation. You are more stubborn than I remember, Jaehyun.

I slightly smiled at the thoughts inside my head. Then continued to stroke Jaehyun's arms with the wet towel. Suddenly, I felt his hands on my wrist, making me look back at him. He's still closing his eyes.

-Are you done? – Jaehyun asked.

-Yes. – I replied before Jaehyun opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling.

-Can you forgive me? – Jaehyun asked before placing his hand on his face, looking slightly unsettled.

-I asked you to take care of yourself because I know you, Jaehyun. I already pictured that something like this could happen. – I admitted, then placing away the towel and holding Jaehyun's hand. -But yes, I forgive you, Jaehyun. So, stop stressing about it, okay? – I sincerely told Jaehyun while smiling at him.

Jaehyun nodded, not letting me see his face. Suddenly, I noticed a tear falling down his cheek, causing me to sit beside him on the bed. Briefly, I kissed Jaehyun's head as subtle sobs began to blare the room.

-The captain is sensible, huh? – I mocked, making Jaehyun chuckle while still crying. -Love, why the tears? – I softly questioned, removing Jaehyun's arms from his face.

-The only thing I thought of during the mission was you. I couldn't concentrate because I remembered our argument at the office and how I can't stop you from making your decisions. – Jaehyun disclosed while wiping his tears away, but it was useless since they continued to fall. -I can't lose you, Johnny. Not again. – Jaehyun sobbed.

-And do you think I feel all right when I see you risking your life for me? The times you saved me and the sacrifices you are making because you don't want me to go against the law. Those are the things that make me wonder what I did to deserve you. – I sincerely spoke before caressing Jaehyun's hand. -Love, I want you to stay safe because you are as reckless as I am, remember? – I told Jaehyun, which he nodded for in response.