Chapter 3: Corrupted Truths

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The next day*

-Johnny's POV-

After talking last night with Jaehyun, I came up with a conclusion; I must do whatever I can to help with his investigation. Jaehyun explained to me most of the things that happened throughout the years we grew apart, and he informed me about his life after coming back from the army. Also, Jaehyun revealed the reason why he didn't tell me of this when we saw each other a month ago, and I felt offended by it since Jaehyun thought that I wouldn't care about him like before.

We grew away from one another for the last four years, but that doesn't mean that I don't consider him someone important in my life. More than my secret lover, Jaehyun is someone who regularly supports me and helps me if I ever get in trouble. Before I was cold and strict, I used to be a troublemaker; that was way back when I didn't even have the responsibility of this company. My father made me take charge of it when he decided to take off and tour around the world. According to my father, he felt tired and wanted to enjoy life for once. It's true, he was always inside the company, just like me nowadays.

Jaehyun worries about me. After last night, he told me that I should take more breaks and that I shouldn't close the door to new friendships. Jaehyun spoke about his team and how united they are. He believes that it doesn't matter how much people can hurt you and betray the trust you give them; you have to keep trying since we only have one life. I'll admit that I agree with that statement, but at the same time, I don't want to suffer because of someone else. Jaehyun invited me to hang out with his friends someday, and of course, I accepted since he's the only one that can't get a "no" from my part.

*Current time – Morning*

Today, I gave a big announcement to the directives of the company. As the CEO, I have to make tough decisions, but I believe this one, it's the hardest one yet. After finding out that Sehun was using money from an anonymous account for the projects I gave him, I find myself forced to give him an ultimatum. Right now, all of Sehun's campaigns will get concluded by myself, and he's going to leave the company unless he gives me an explanation about the money he used. If what Jaehyun suspects it's right about my friend, and Sehun is a corrupt businessman, I'm afraid that can't put this company in jeopardy just for him.

For now, I'm taking care of the projects and pulling them out with the rest of my team. Luckily, we work fast, and there aren't many things left from the presentation. Yet, I have inside my head the strange behavior of Sehun.

He isn't here yet, and it's almost 11:30 a.m.

I sighed, frustrated before looking at the papers on my desk. I pilled them up and put them on the side. Then, I grabbed my phone and started to call Jaehyun.