Chapter 5: Reveal & Conceal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaehyun's POV-

I wanted Johnny to get out of the place, but the gunshots began before I could help him to get out. I was focusing my view on just one shooter, which made me forget about the second guy that broke inside my house. I tried to shoot at the other guy that I have a few meters away from me, and due to my lack of attention, I didn't see that Johnny pulled out my second gun from my right pocket.

Once I heard another shot coming behind my back, I got frightened, but to my luck, it was Johnny getting the other guy with one shot to his chest. I returned to my previous position and shot the guy who was about to come out from behind the wall. I successfully hit his neck, making him stumble down to the floor.

-For a moment, I forgot that you know how to shot a gun. – I sighed in relief while lying down.

Johnny chuckled. -That's how we met. You let me escape that time, and that's why I didn't want to leave you, Mr. Detective. – Johnny spoke before giving me back the gun, and then he stood up from the floor.

I got up as well before we looked at the mess inside the house. I took a deep breath and hugged Johnny tightly, which made him scoff.

-Did you honestly think I would've died because of this? – Johnny questioned, which I answered with a nod. -Jaehyun, I used a gun more times than you did. And that's why I need to get Sehun out of what he's doing. – He said before getting away from me. I stared at Johnny, confused by his words. But as I followed him with my eyes, Johnny kneeled in front of the guy he shot, and then he pointed at the keychain on his jacket.

-Isn't that the keychain you had? – I asked before taking out some gloves; I put them on and grabbed the keys from his jacket.

-He must be another of Sehun's friends. – Johnny deduced.

-Did you see him before? You know, at the reunions Sehun made already? – I questioned while inspecting the keychain.

-Hmm, I don't remember his name, but I'm sure that he was at the last party Sehun did. – Johnny spoke while getting towards me and then stared at the object in my hand. -What's that line? – He questioned while pointing at the keychain.

I shrugged my shoulders before looking at it very carefully before attempting to make room between the line. Suddenly, it pulled out, a cap of the pen drive.

-It's a pen drive. But the first one didn't have it. – I said, confused while looking at the object. -I guess I'll have to double-check, but it might have some information that can help us in the investigation. – My words came out as a whisper before I stood up from the floor; Johnny got towards me before taking out his keychain.

Johnny revealed the cap of the pen drive before shaking his head repeatedly.

-Jaehyun, we both know who's the only one that uses the pen drive's to keep information secured. – Johnny said, sounding solemn and upset.

-I have the same idea as you do, but I need to put the puzzle of this story together. And how does it relate to my sister? – I questioned, not understanding anything that was happening.

I can't lose my focus; I have to stay with a cold mind and find out what happened.

Johnny caressed my arm while looking at me. I'm sure he's getting worried about the entire situation, but I tried to shrug it off since I have to stay calm. But before I could say something else to him, Jeno and Yuta came inside the house.

-Mr. Suh, are you okay? – Yuta asked while getting towards us.

-Uh, yes. I'm well, detective. – Johnny said before stepping away from me.

-Where's Hak? – Jeno asked while getting beside Yuta.

-He didn't come; Mr. Hak sent people to do his dirty job. – I said before showing off my team the keychain.

-Another one? – Yuta asked, confused.

-Those aren't just keychains. They are pen drives, these contain information. – I disclosed before putting it inside a plastic bag I carried with me. -So far, we have recollected three keychains. Mr. Suh also has one, and the two others that we found. – I said while trying to organize my ideas.

-Alright, and how many do we have to get? – Yuta questioned.

-Around six. – Johnny said blankly.

-How do you know that, Mr. Suh? – Jeno asked, intrigued.

I looked over to Johnny since I didn't want him to talk anymore, but he just nodded and continued to speak.

-Detective Jung and I; met some years ago. He helped me to get out of a business I barely started when I was younger, and I believe it's the same group Mr. Hak is part of right now. – Johnny explained while looking at my two colleagues.

-What? Why didn't you tell us about this? – Yuta looked at me, confused and disappointed.

-Detective, I didn't want anyone to know; that's why. – Johnny spoke, trying to cover up my mistakes. -The alpha of this team is the only person I know that uses drives to contain essential information for the business. Even though he's a drug dealer, that man has clean ways to keep his data organized. I can give you more information, but not here. – Johnny assured me before looking to the sides; he knows someone might be watching us.

-Alright. Let's go to the headquarters, and we'll take your testimony. – Yuta spoke before he started to walk along Jeno, but before Johnny could follow them, I held him back.

-What are you doing? Are you crazy?! They can discover your past, and you don't care—

I couldn't finish my rant since Johnny kissed my lips gently. I followed his lead while getting lost in the moment, but then Johnny pulled away while holding my cheek.

-I'm okay with that. I want to help you, alright? And if this is the only way, I'm going to do my best to explain everything I know. – Johnny assured me before I held him tightly against me.

-Idiot, you are the one at risk, and you are putting more fuel into the fire. – I told Johnny, truly becoming worried about the things to come.

-I was the best when I was younger, and I'll beat that man again if we meet face to face. – Johnny spoke, sounding cocky and secure. I laughed at his comment; after all, he always places himself at the top of everything. -Let's better go; I don't want your team to find out about your sweet spot. – Johnny teased before cluttering my hair.

-Alright. – I sighed before we started to walk out of my house. I saw Yuta and Jeno right away. They were calling someone through the phone and waved at us as soon as they noticed we were walking towards them.

-What took you so long? – Jeno asked while elbowing my side.

-Nothing important, now get inside the car. – I ordered, making Jeno laugh while doing what I said. –Yuta, go with Mr. Suh. Jeno and I will meet you at the headquarters. – I told Yuta as I was walking towards the car.

-As you order, Jae. – Yuta nodded before I looked at Johnny. He scoffed with a smirk on his face and then walked towards Yuta.

Both of them got inside the other vehicle; they began to chat as soon as Yuta took the wheel. I shook my head gently before closing the door of the car and then met with Jeno's eyes glued on me.

-What? – I asked while putting my seatbelt on.

-You like Mr. Suh, am I right? – Jeno questioned while raising his eyebrows.

I chuckled before looking away; I slapped Jeno's head before sighing. -Keep your ideas aside and concentrate on the case, Jeno. – I smiled as I started to drive away.

-As you order, hyung. – Jeno chuckled.