Chapter 6: House of Cards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Johnny's POV-

Revealing my past to strangers isn't what I would usually do for others, but on this occasion, someone I sincerely love required my cooperation. I understand better than anyone else what is to be needed and what is to need someone next to you. Sometimes people don't ask for help because they are afraid to depend on somebody, and I know what it feels to surround your world based on one person only.

Jaehyun told me not to speak if I didn't want to; after all, he was aware of the sacrifice I was making for this investigation. But after everything I've lived, I found myself at the right time to help others, and that includes Sehun. I'm sure of his loyalty to me even though he attempted to erase me from his plans. I understand the position Sehun's facing, and that's why I want to help him.

*Current time – Nighttime*

I'm focusing my last pieces of energy on the work I need to get done for tomorrow. The company is closing some significant campaigns in the coming week, so I have to get everything in order before tomorrow's meeting with the rest of the team.

Jaehyun has been texting me nonstop, but I honestly haven't answered him because I don't want to argue about the things that happened today. I held my head, frustrated as the phone kept on ringing, so I turned it off before taking a deep breath.

-A tiring day, huh? – I heard someone ask behind my back.

I turned around and smiled as soon as I saw my friend. -They already showed you how to climb with discretion. I see. – I sighed while staring at Sehun. -I didn't see you today, and I was hoping for you to explain everything to me. But I guess I deduced it beforehand.

-Johnny, I'm sorry for not listening to you, but right now, I can't get away from them, okay? I have to do what they tell me. – Sehun spoke while staring at my eyes.

-So, that includes killing me? Sure, go ahead. – I nodded while smiling slightly.

-I didn't send anybody to Jaehyun's house. My boss did. – Sehun assured while walking towards me and held my hands while smiling. -You are my brother. I can't kill you even if they ask me to do it. – He sincerely said.

-I value your honesty since the first day we met. And that's why I believe you. – I stated before holding Sehun against me. -Get out of there; you still can. – I whispered while rubbing his back.

-I can't get out, Johnny. It's too late. – Sehun spoke before smiling slightly, trying to show off a small smile as much as he could. -I won't work for you anymore. I'm sorry, but that's the only thing I can do to keep you safe. – He said while cleaning the tears from his face.