1.28 fancy footwork

fancy footwork

A troupe were performing there routine and they were feeding of the crowds energy.

"In this first round, we're up against Annex Dance Academy."

The group walked out onto the stage after they watched Annex Dance Studio perform there routine.

"The judges have arrived at a decision and in their first round, The Next Step has scarred 86 points!" The announcer told the crowd.

"We scored 86 in the first round, which is pretty good. If Annex Dance Academy scored higher than 86 points then we're cut."

"Annex Dance Academy scored 84 points. The Next Step moved to the second round and Annex Dance Academy is eliminated form the competition."

"I'm so happy we won our first round. Now, we just have to win four more head to head dance offs, and then we will be the Regional Champions."

"I'm their second dance off, The Next Step scored 87 points, and they're off to the next round!" The announcer called out as the next step finished there routine for the second time.

"Count them chicken." Lucien told Kate as Elite was about to walk out onto the stage.

———

"We're just waiting to get on stage to qualify for the semifinals. We're going head to head with Dance inc in this round."

"Turn your head around." Emily told Kara.

"Is my hair piece in tight enough?" Kara asked as she looked in the mirror.

"Can you relax? We're going to be fine." Emily told her.

"I only have one shoe. I lost a shoe!" Chloe exclaimed as she looked around. "Wait, I found it!"

"Good luck!" Kate yelled as they got ready to walk out on stage. "You can do this!"

"I'm their third round, Dance Inc scored 85 points." The announcer called out.  "Next up, competing against Dance zinc for the semifinal spot is The Next Step."

The group walked out on the stage and got in there start positions.

The dance was going great and everyone was  nailing everything, the energy was immaculate.

When Kara was doing a part of the dance, her glove got caught in her hair and as she tried to yank it out, her hair piece came off and fell onto the floor.

"All of a sudden, my glove gets caught in my feather and I know, right at that moment, we're done."

The dance came to an end along with the music and everyone stopped in there end poses.

"Well, Stacey, that was an excellent routine if not for that one scenario, where the hair clip comes out. That is devastating, is it not?"

"It is really devastating at this point in the competition. Something like that can really throw the score. So, I mean, she must be feeling all sorts of horrible right now."

"Do you.. do you.. in your experiences, is that a difference maker?"

"Absolutely."

"The judges have arrived at a decision. In their third round, The Next Step scores 84 points.The Next Step is eliminated."

Everyone applauded as the group walked off of the stage and Kara hung her head in shame. Kara walked over to a chair that was in front of one of the mirrors and put her head in her hands.

"Hey, guys, great job. Don't worry about it." Chris told them.

"Guys, my hand got caught in it and then it fell out, and we just lost because of me." Kara told the group.

"Kara.." Emily trailed off.

"We just lost!" She exclaimed.

"This stuff happens."

"We were so close." Kara told her.

"It's fine, Kara, look, we all gave it our best shot." Emily smiled sympathetically.

"It just makes me so upset. I let the team down. I let everybody down."

"I let you all down and now we lost! We lost it all!"

"Kara, everyone was great, okay? You gave it your all, it happened and there's nothing we can do about it right now." Kate told the girl.

"Kates right." Chris nodded.

"Look, you can't do this to yourself, okay?" Michelle told her.

"Why is everyone so upset?" James asked as he stood up from behind Kara.

"James, really?" Kate exclaimed.

"Cause, uh, last time I checked. Uh.. we have a chance in getting the wild card spot." He told them.

"You see?" Michelle smiled.

"I completely forgot about the wild card."

"And we're going to get it. So.." James trailed off.

"You know what? For once, James is right!" Emily turned to the group. "We worked too hard not to make it to nationals."

"I'm sorry, guys." Kara told them once again.

"Stop!" They all exclaimed.

———

"Will The Next Step, ConfiDance and Art and Soul please take the stage?" The announcer called out.

"The wild card spot is decided by the judges. They take the highest scoring losing teams, throw out their scores and then decide who best deserved that spot."

"The judges have made their decision. The troupe that will be facing Seeds in the semifinal round is.."

"The Next Step!"

"Not only do I get to make it up to everybody for losing my hairpiece on stage, but we get w chance to beat Seeds."

Once they were back stage, celebrating with one another, Seeds came over to congratulate  them.

Authors notes

HERE WE GO

Short chapter agh

written; 2nd march 2021
published: 2nd march 2021

887 words