2.26 water it

water it

"So we're back together." Kara began as she sat in front of James in culture shock.

"Yeah." James nodded and thanked the man that brought them both their drinks.

"This is the first time we're really talking and hanging out since we got back together, so we're still kind of out of sync, I guess."

"Hey, guys. How's it going?" West asked as he approached the twos table and placed something down. "I got you guys these two movie tickets in honour of you guys getting back together."

"West hands us these movie tickets that are like a couple weeks expired."

"Thank you." James said to him.

"Yeah, no problem, man!" West chimed.

"I got them a couple weeks ago cause I didn't think it'd take you guys that long to figure out your issues." West told them.

Even though there was a sour comment in there, Kara knew his intentions meant well and found it incredibly sweet that he got them movies tickets.

Even if they were a couple weeks expired and couldn't be used.

"Hi, lovebirds." Giselle and Thalia approached the pair after West had walked away.

"Hi, guys." Thalia smiled.

"Okay, so since you guys are back together, we wanna give you your duet back." Giselle told them.

"No, you guys already have it. Just keep it." James told them.

"Yeah, you guys won it fair and square." Kara smiled.

"Okay, seriously you have to take it back. We have to do what's best for the team, and that's you guys." Thalia told them.

"And I mean, you guys have way more chemistry than we ever will, so.." Giselle trailed off with a giggle.

"All right, if you insist, I guess." James nodded.

"Thank you." Kara smiled.

"You're welcome." Thalia told her and then the two got ready to walk away. "And don't mess it up, okay?"

"We'll try." James laughed.

"When Giselle and Thalia tell us that me and James have better connection than they do, I'm not really so sure if that's true right now. I just hope James and I find a way to get our connection back."

———

Kara and James were in the music studio practising their duet that they had just given back.

"Okay. Let's go from that part, then." James told her as he grabbed her hips. "Isn't it the other side?"

"No, you're on this side of me." Kara told him.

"Oh, okay. Ready?" James asked and lifted her up in the arm and roughly placed her on the bench.

"Okay, but you have to make sure you lift me up." Kara told him.