2.7 it takes two

it takes two

"Kara!" James exclaimed once he saw his girlfriend walk into the studio.

"Hey." Kara smiled as she set her bag down.

"You have to hear what happened at my uncle Manny's house this weekend." James told her. "It's insane. This story is legendary. Anyone in the next 200 years that is closely related to me will talk about this story."

"Okay, so could I maybe hear the story?" Kara asked.

"Yeah, yeah, okay. You know my uncle Manny, right? Rides a motorcycle. Always ridin' a motorcycle." James said, causing Kara to nod. "So he's just rolling, like, block away from home, just going for a ride. Tries to pop a wheelie, okay? Completely just falls off the bike. But the bike lands, keeps going straight." James exclaimed. "My aunt Carla, she's at home, just chilling, chilling, sees the bike roll by, runs up to it, hops on the bike, and goes grocery shopping. What are the chances of that?"

"Okay, wait." Kara stopped him as she sat beside him on the bench. "So, you mean to say that your uncle popped a wheelie and then fell off the bike?"

"Yeah." James nodded.

"Okay, well, is he okay?" Kara asked. "Like, wouldn't he get hurt?"

"Well, he sprained his ankle. But that's not even from falling off the bike. He sprained his ankle 'cause he was jumping up and down 'cause he saw his wife take off!"

"James' story doesn't make any sense whatsoever."

"So, how is it possible to just jump on a moving vehicle like that?" She questioned.

"Well, it's a joke." James shrugged.

"Okay, so you made it up." Kara stated.

"No." James told her.

Kara shook her head at the boy. She had no idea what he was saying and was getting agitated by it because it always seemed to happen.

"Sometimes I feel like out of place, in a way because, like, he's trying to tell me a funny story and I'm just not getting it. It makes me feel super bad."

James continued trying to explain the story to Kara but he stopped once Kate walked out of her office and up to them.

"All right guys, got an announcement." Kate told them. "Love that Uncle Manny story." She laughed as she walked further into the studio.

"See, now, Kate gets me. She understands this." James smirked as he took Karas hand and walked her over to the group.

"Shut up." Kara jokingly replied.

"I wanna explain the rules for Nationals to you." Kate called out. "Okay? Nationals are totally different from Regionals."

"It's all group dances?" Chloe asked.

"No, it's way different that regionals." Michelle told them.

"Nationals have different categories that you move into as you go further into the competitions. The first round is male solo, then you move on and you go to small groups, which is around three to six dancers. There's then duets and then female solos."