2.11 anything you can do, i can do better

anything you can do, I can do better

Kara walked into the studio to see Daniel dancing a solo and without realising who she sat near, she sat down and watched the boy dance.

She finally looked to her right and saw James sat there watching the same thing she was watching.

She immediately moved to the other bench and rolled her eyes. She had been told to come to the studio by Kate, as was West, Giselle and James.

"Yes, Daniel." West cheered once Daniel finished his solo.

"That was unreal." Kara smiled.

"Thanks." Daniel breathed out.

"Oh, oh. Here she comes." Kara smiled as she watched Kate walk into the studio.

"Moment of truth." West said.

"Were you guys talking about me?" Kate pointed at them.

"I don't know. Maybe." West replied. "Maybe just someone else named Kate.."

"What's going on?" Kate laughed. "Okay, here's the deal. We have a few J-troupe members who are absolutely exceptional. And I would love for you guys to mentor them and help them to become better dancers."

"That'd be awesome." Giselle nodded.

"So, did you already picky them, or.." Kara trailed off.

"Yeah, I've already chosen them." Kate told her. "So if you guys want to go get your stuff, they'll actually come meet you back in the studio."

"All right sweet." West nodded. "Let's get them grasshoppers now."

"Thank you." Kate laughed at west as she watched them walk away.

———

Kara had been paired with the sassy Richelle and she was excited to get to know her even more than she did.

She was stood at the bar, practising some moves with her and she could feel the attitude dripping off of Richelle.

"Right now I'm just trying to mentor Richelle, you know, I'm just trying to make sure she's technically on point. And we'll definitely do some flexibility after but it's good to have a good ballet warm up."

"All right." Kara started. "Great posture. All the way down to the floor, really get those feet, come back in, up with the arm, follow with the head, and down."

"Um, first of all, your feet, they're not turned out at all." Richelle broke from her position and commented on the girls stretches. "It's all wrong."

"I'm not sure what Richelle is doing right now. She's like.. twelve."

"All right then, Richelle. Okay, so how about you show me what you would do." Kara suggested.

"Okay." Richelle replied and started to get into fifth position on the bar. "I would actually turn out."

"Oh." Kara nodded. "Well, you know what? I guess there is nothing that I can teach you then."