3.07 im your captain

✩❖♦♦❖✩
3.07
I'm your captain

"Hey, you guys. Listen up, I have a letter from the Internationals board." Kate informed them, gathering everybody's attention.

At internationals you get bits and pieces of information at different times and the purpose of it was to really test the studios and their ability to deal with ever-changing situations.

"At International's, you have to work as a team, but you won't get far without a leader. Declare your captain and you'll be one step closer to Miami." Kate read.

Everyone immediately nodded their heads, pointing to the obvious choice, Kara. Though she knew she couldn't do it alone.

"Actually guys, I really need someone to become a co-captain with me." Kara told them. "I'm so used to having Emily, I don't know what I would do if I'm on my own."

"That's completely fine, Kara. With Emily gone and a new co-captain needed, I have made the executive decision that Giselle will be our new co-captain with Kara." Kate told them.

"Me?" Giselle called out.

Everyone started to clap for the confused girl, she smiled as she looked around. Kara immediately walked over and pulled her into a hug.

"Well, I can't wait for this season of dance if Giselle is my co-captain." Kara grinned, causing her and the others to laugh.

"Guys, wait, no. What about me?" Shantel stepped up, stopping the celebrating. "I want a chance to be dance captain too."

Kara furrowed her eyebrows at her request. Shantel wasn't ready to be dance captain at The Next Step yet, she was new.

"All right, this is what we'll do." Kate began. "Shantel, you'll choreograph a trio. Giselle, you'll choreograph a trio. Those two trips will compete against each other, and the winning dance will determine the dance captain."

"Okay." Giselle smiled.

"Sounds fair?" Kate looked to the two girls.

"Cool. Sounds very fair." Shantel nodded, looking at Giselle.

✩❖♦♦❖✩

Kara hadn't been part of one of the trios that were competing against each other, neither had Amanda.

The two were sat in Hidalgos with each other, just talking to each other and gossiping.

"So, how about Shantel stepping up like that?" Amanda said.

"I know, as much as I need a co-captain, I was hoping for someone who has been on the team for a while, like Giselle." Kara said. "But we're just going to have to see how things turn out."

"She was always like that at Elite, she would never stop speaking up and stating what was wrong and right, which is good to do, she just did it in the right way." Amanda said.

"I'm not even bothered right now, I'm just glad I'm relaxing finally." Kara giggled.

"Tell me about it."